Movies to see

Comments and discussion on any and all topics.
Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Re: Movies to see

Postby Darkfoxx » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:27 pm

About Time

Awesome movie! I think Zack mentioned it at some point. You have to take time travel movies with a grain of salt, but I really liked the story and message of this.
Gaming:
Workstation:

Postulio
Is Kind Of A Big Deal

Postby Postulio » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:25 pm

So I think everyone should be happy to know that the first, and best, film adaptation of a video game will be Assassin's Creed. Not only do we have a producer and star actor that is a fan of the film, but Ubisoft has been extremely ruthless in retaining all rights and control about the film. They even tossed out Sony Pictures as their distributor and went with 20th Century Fox, because they couldn't agree on distribution and production control. Ubisoft does an extremely good job of telling a story. I know this, because it's really the single reason I hear anyone buy an Assassin's Creed game. Ubisoft seems to have the right idea about all of this and I have the utmost faith they will deliver an amazing film adaptation all will be happy about.

dun dun dun... chips
Papes

Postby dun dun dun... chips » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:57 pm

Postulio wrote:So I think everyone should be happy to know that the first, and best, film adaptation of a video game will be Assassin's Creed. Not only do we have a producer and star actor that is a fan of the film, but Ubisoft has been extremely ruthless in retaining all rights and control about the film. They even tossed out Sony Pictures as their distributor and went with 20th Century Fox, because they couldn't agree on distribution and production control. Ubisoft does an extremely good job of telling a story. I know this, because it's really the single reason I hear anyone buy an Assassin's Creed game. Ubisoft seems to have the right idea about all of this and I have the utmost faith they will deliver an amazing film adaptation all will be happy about.

its hard for me to tell if you are being sarcastic or not.
ive given up long ago on anything video game adapted. just doesnt do the justice.

Postulio
Is Kind Of A Big Deal

Postby Postulio » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:43 pm

dun dun dun... chips wrote:
Postulio wrote:So I think everyone should be happy to know that the first, and best, film adaptation of a video game will be Assassin's Creed. Not only do we have a producer and star actor that is a fan of the film, but Ubisoft has been extremely ruthless in retaining all rights and control about the film. They even tossed out Sony Pictures as their distributor and went with 20th Century Fox, because they couldn't agree on distribution and production control. Ubisoft does an extremely good job of telling a story. I know this, because it's really the single reason I hear anyone buy an Assassin's Creed game. Ubisoft seems to have the right idea about all of this and I have the utmost faith they will deliver an amazing film adaptation all will be happy about.

its hard for me to tell if you are being sarcastic or not.
ive given up long ago on anything video game adapted. just doesnt do the justice.

Maybe because the studios behind the release and distribution of the films in the past have demanded certain changes or helmed the film adaptations. This film is being heavily controlled by the parent company of the material and I am sure will do everything they can to release a satisfying story that they know fans will enjoy.

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:39 am

Plus it has Michael Fassbender...dude can act.
Gaming:
Workstation:

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:22 pm

The Wolf of Wall Street

Damn, what a movie! Scorsese is getting more edgy in his old age. It's a bit long, but I was engaged the whole time which is rare for a 3hr movie.
Gaming:
Workstation:

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Mon May 12, 2014 2:35 pm

Harness wrote:Her

Long story short and without spoilers, man falls in love with an artificially intelligent computer operating system that would be installed on his futuristic iphone equivalent device. This storyline is so creative and original. It asks questions that you never even conceived but, the way people use electronic devices today, these questions are totally believable.

If you can give into the notion that a computer can be intelligent and even feel emotion, this movie can challenge your way of thinking on what love and friendship actually is and how it should be judged by society.

Watched this last night...really good. I can totally see this happening in the very near future.
Gaming:
Workstation:

dun dun dun... chips
Papes

Postby dun dun dun... chips » Mon May 12, 2014 3:56 pm

Darkfoxx wrote:

Long story short and without spoilers, man falls in love with an artificially intelligent computer operating system that would be installed on his futuristic iphone equivalent device. This storyline is so creative and original. It asks questions that you never even conceived but, the way people use electronic devices today, these questions are totally believable.

If you can give into the notion that a computer can be intelligent and even feel emotion, this movie can challenge your way of thinking on what love and friendship actually is and how it should be judged by society.

Watched this last night...really good. I can totally see this happening in the very near future.

agreed, and was ludicrously good.
neat stuff, ai. if i get my doctorate, it will be in comp sci with an ai specialty.

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Thu May 15, 2014 1:38 pm

Darkfoxx wrote:

agreed, and was ludicrously good.
neat stuff, ai. if i get my doctorate, it will be in comp sci with an ai specialty.

so you're the one who creates skynet? should we kill you now or do you want a few more years?

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Sat May 17, 2014 9:53 pm

Squatters.

Interesting movie about two homeless people that start living in a rich persons house.
Gaming:
Workstation:

Harness
Da Bumble

Postby Harness » Sat May 17, 2014 10:20 pm

Darkfoxx wrote:Squatters.

Interesting movie about two homeless people that start living in a rich persons house.

lol, sounds like the plot of a bad comedy
I type a bunch of shit then people go fuk themselves

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Tue May 20, 2014 11:21 am

Harness wrote:
Darkfoxx wrote:Squatters.

lol, sounds like the plot of a bad comedy

Written, produced, and starring Seth Green

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Tue May 27, 2014 10:29 am

Better Living Through Chemistry

Neat movie. Sam Rockwell knocks it out the park as always.
Gaming:
Workstation:

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:49 pm

Harness wrote:
Darkfoxx wrote:World War Z

Entertaining new take on the zombie genre.

wasnt too bad a movie overall. was actually suspenseful, which i thought was a good change to the movies of recent times.

The movie had the chance to be intelligent and creative but instead it just had Brad Pitt running from zombies the whole time. I was very disappointed in this movie. I could go into details but don't want to reveal any spoilers and I don't feel it's worth any special thread treatment.

Watched this the other night. I actually enjoyed it. I do feel they could have fleshed out more of the story, and it was not without its plot holes, but I liked it. I have trouble taking any movie or show with slow zombies seriously and half the ones with fast zombies are over the top.

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:57 pm

Watched The Avengers last night. Was ok. I havent cared for any of the marvel movies in probably 10 years (spiderman 2? x-men 2? i forget), so it was nice to see something with a little more personality. Plenty of plot holes i had to overlook (and that's ignoring a flying naval carrier), but thats to be expected. better than most marvel movies, but still had moments of michael gay-ness, but also had moments that made that made me laugh out loud at how awesome a scene was (basically any time the hulk smashed).

Speaking of Marvel, I watched most of X-Men First Class on TV last weekend and wasn't disappointed. Considering my expectations were pretty low, it's fair to say it was better than I'd thought. Had more holes in the plot than swiss cheese, but at least the story wasn't terrible.

Return to “General Discussion”