It's that time of the season

Comments and discussion on any and all topics.
Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:28 pm

FC2...gfx are good. not as good as crysis but very good. the gameplay....meh. it's STALKER. it's very RPG-driven with an open world, quests, and basic weapon upgrades. what sucks is you can have only one quest active at a time and even if you clear out an enemy outpost or town and come back a few game hours later, it's completely repopulated and all the "destructible" environment is back even tho you blew the whole shit up. very lame having to kill the same 5 guys every time you drive down a road.

another thing ripped from STALKER is the diamond locating system. it beeps the closer you get to a diamond briefcase, exactly the same as the thing from STALKER.

i didnt like STALKER 1, i dont care for STALKER Clear Sky, and FC2 is getting boring. im not a fan of completely open world games. i like linearity and knowing im always going in the right direction and not worrying about navigating across the entire map to complete a quest and get a few diamonds.

i like FC2 a LOT more than STALKER so far but im not sure i'll have the attention span to finish it. i was expecting a classic run-n-gun like FC1 or HL2. if you liked STALKER youll like FC2. im playing on the hardest difficulty with no Xhair and it's actually pretty difficult. i cant run in and blow everything up and survive. i gotta scout out a compound with the monocle and then blow up explosive barrels and whatnot and then snipe people's domes before i can move in.

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:57 pm

That's what I liked about STALKER, and I like FC2 so far.

I do agree with you that it sucks to have to kill the same people every time you go down a road.

All in all, I'm impressed though. It's worth the download...but I doubt the sales of this game will be very high.
Gaming:

Workstation:

Tanis Half Elf
Is Kind Of A Big Deal

Postby Tanis Half Elf » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:21 pm

Im interested, point me in the right direction.

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:01 pm

Gaming:

Workstation:

Return to “General Discussion”