Movies to NOT see

Comments and discussion on any and all topics.
User avatar
Jif
Jimmy Jams
Posts: 6894
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:49 am

Postby Jif » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:25 am


User avatar
Darkfoxx
Site Admin
Posts: 9650
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:09 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA
Contact:

Postby Darkfoxx » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:24 pm

Snakes On A Plane.

Even Sam Jackson couldn't save this failure. I guess if you want to laugh at a movie that isn't a comedy, you might enjoy it.

I laughed, that's for sure.

Gaming:
Image
Workstation:
Image

User avatar
Jif
Jimmy Jams
Posts: 6894
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:49 am

Postby Jif » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:43 pm

Darkfoxx wrote:Snakes On A Plane.

Even Sam Jackson couldn't save this failure. I guess if you want to laugh at a movie that isn't a comedy, you might enjoy it.

I laughed, that's for sure.



ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME???

THATS A CLASSIC

User avatar
Tanis Half Elf
Is Kind Of A Big Deal
Posts: 944
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:00 pm
Location: Greensburg,La

Postby Tanis Half Elf » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:53 pm

I liked the movie because I never took it seriously.
I anticipated it being funny and corny.

My favorite line was when Sam said, "Turn this big motherf@%&er left!"
It was unexpected and i loved it.(couldnt find a clip)

User avatar
Darkfoxx
Site Admin
Posts: 9650
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:09 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA
Contact:

Postby Darkfoxx » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:59 pm

Like I said, I laughed. I just think that they set out to make a serious movie but it didn't turn out that way.

That is all.

Fuck it, I take it back. It's a "Movie to see".
Gaming:
Image
Workstation:
Image

User avatar
Harness
Da Bumble
Posts: 2069
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:13 pm

Postby Harness » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:00 pm

Snakes On A Plane

WORST MOVIE EVER!!!!! NOT AT ALL FUNNY IN ITS AWEFULNESS!
I type a bunch of shit then people go fuk themselves

User avatar
Darkfoxx
Site Admin
Posts: 9650
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:09 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA
Contact:

Postby Darkfoxx » Wed May 27, 2009 4:44 pm

The Good Shepherd.

It's a spy film that's about the Bay Of Pigs invasion and the events leading up to it. It's also about how counter-intelligence came to be in the CIA. I just found it boring....maybe if you like spy films you would like it.
Gaming:
Image
Workstation:
Image

TexRob
Got Allfum
Posts: 660
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:33 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Postby TexRob » Wed May 27, 2009 4:49 pm

Darkfoxx wrote:The Good Shepherd.

It's a spy film that's about the Bay Of Pigs invasion and the events leading up to it. It's also about how counter-intelligence came to be in the CIA. I just found it boring....maybe if you like spy films you would like it.


If they consolidated this to maybe an hour, it could be OK. As it is, it is long, super serious, and verrrrrrrrrrrrry dry. I concur, not a good movie. Maybe on the History channel it would fit. I don't generally mind a movie not being action packed, but this was just beyond that.

TexRob
Got Allfum
Posts: 660
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:33 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Postby TexRob » Wed May 27, 2009 4:53 pm

Very Bad Things.

People try and say this is a "dark comedy" but I found it morally reprehensible.

TexRob
Got Allfum
Posts: 660
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:33 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Postby TexRob » Wed May 27, 2009 4:53 pm

The Hills Have Eyes. Specifically, the director's cut. Some movies claim to be a director's cut, and it's just a marketing gimmick. In this case, it is truly a director's cut, and guess what, the director is fucking psycho. I am not kidding at all when I say this movie, and anyone who thinks it's good, should be in jail. In one scene a woman is raped, while a gun is held to a baby's head, while some dude breast feeds off the baby's mother. Holy shit this movie gets me mad just thinking about it. I seriously question what kind of sick fucker should be allowed to produce shit like this. Worst fucking movie ever.

User avatar
Harness
Da Bumble
Posts: 2069
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:13 pm

Postby Harness » Thu May 28, 2009 11:47 am

Texrob wrote:Very Bad Things.

People try and say this is a "dark comedy" but I found it morally reprehensible.


Thats why I loved it so much :lol:
I type a bunch of shit then people go fuk themselves

TexRob
Got Allfum
Posts: 660
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:33 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Postby TexRob » Thu May 28, 2009 2:00 pm

Harness wrote:
Texrob wrote:Very Bad Things.

People try and say this is a "dark comedy" but I found it morally reprehensible.


Thats why I loved it so much :lol:


It just didn't sit well with me, the whole making light of the fact that they murdered someone and were covering it up, like that's OK or something.

User avatar
Darkfoxx
Site Admin
Posts: 9650
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:09 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA
Contact:

Postby Darkfoxx » Thu May 28, 2009 4:27 pm

TexRob wrote:The Hills Have Eyes. Specifically, the director's cut. Some movies claim to be a director's cut, and it's just a marketing gimmick. In this case, it is truly a director's cut, and guess what, the director is fucking psycho. I am not kidding at all when I say this movie, and anyone who thinks it's good, should be in jail. In one scene a woman is raped, while a gun is held to a baby's head, while some dude breast feeds off the baby's mother. Holy shit this movie gets me mad just thinking about it. I seriously question what kind of sick fucker should be allowed to produce shit like this. Worst fucking movie ever.

I had to watch this today to see if it really was this bad, and in many ways it was pretty fucked up (the scene you mentioned).

However, seeing the guy kill all the mutants afterwards and get his baby back was rewarding. This movie has all the horror movie cliches and it succeeds in depicting the story.

Revenge is always sweet...
Gaming:
Image
Workstation:
Image

TexRob
Got Allfum
Posts: 660
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:33 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Postby TexRob » Thu May 28, 2009 4:37 pm

Darkfoxx wrote:
TexRob wrote:The Hills Have Eyes. Specifically, the director's cut. Some movies claim to be a director's cut, and it's just a marketing gimmick. In this case, it is truly a director's cut, and guess what, the director is fucking psycho. I am not kidding at all when I say this movie, and anyone who thinks it's good, should be in jail. In one scene a woman is raped, while a gun is held to a baby's head, while some dude breast feeds off the baby's mother. Holy shit this movie gets me mad just thinking about it. I seriously question what kind of sick fucker should be allowed to produce shit like this. Worst fucking movie ever.

I had to watch this today to see if it really was this bad, and in many ways it was pretty fucked up (the scene you mentioned).

However, seeing the guy kill all the mutants afterwards and get his baby back was rewarding. This movie has all the horror movie cliches and it succeeds in depicting the story.

Revenge is always sweet...


I wouldn't know, I turned it off and took it back to Blockbuster. I am not the kind of person to be "an annoying customer", and I was polite. I strongly suggested to the manager that they label the rack to say that it contained very explicit content. I know I sound "old" but this movie was very offensive to me.

User avatar
Darkfoxx
Site Admin
Posts: 9650
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:09 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA
Contact:

Postby Darkfoxx » Thu May 28, 2009 4:41 pm

TexRob wrote:I know I sound "old" but this movie was very offensive to me.

I agree 100%, it's probably the most violent movie I've seen in a long time. Hostel comes close...if you've ever seen that.
Gaming:
Image
Workstation:
Image


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest