Some interesting beer laws

Comments and discussion on any and all topics.
Fist of the eskimo
Canadian Ambassador
Some interesting beer laws

Postby Fist of the eskimo » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:43 pm

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:10 am

they forgot NJ where alcohol cant be sold anywhere besides beer/liqueur stores and bars and restaurants that serve alcohol. it means i have to drive 10 minutes to the closest beer store. also my town is dry and does not issue liqueur licenses which means the closest i could ever drive to buy beer is one town over in any direction.

all the states around us permit at least beer to be sold in convenience stores/gas stations and super markets, though PA is probably the worst state in the country for alcohol. all liqueur has to be distributed by the state (stores have to buy from the state distributor but somehow thats not a monopoly) and beer/liq cant be sold in the same store. ive also experienced the 16 bottle beer limit in bars where they wouldnt permit us to buy 6 6 packs b/w 2 of us. also all alcohol has to be registered with the state liqueur board which is a bunch of bureaucrats telling people what they can and cant sell and the registration costs $75 per each "model" per establishment. you have to pay $75 per every different type of beer and liqueur you sell or serve and have to buy liqueur through the state...but you can buy beer in convenience and grocery stores....

Return to “General Discussion”