Random Gun Thread

Comments and discussion on any and all topics.
Jif
Jimmy Jams

Random Gun Thread

Postby Jif » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:23 pm

cause we didn't have one???? WTF

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/theboxotruth.htm
This retired shooter has his own range where he tests bullet penetration. he has hand guns ranging from a .22LR (like fox's soon to be pistol) to a 1911 and a .357 revolver, ive seen him list 3 rifles, AR15 (civilian M16), FN FAL, and AK-47, a shotgun, Mossberg 12gauge pump that he uses for buck and rifled slugs, and a fucking buffalo gun, a .45 Shiloh Sharps single shot rifle that's one of the most powerful rifles in the world minus modern .50 snipers (the design is from the mid-late 1800s...).

He tests drywall, sand, metal doors, padlocks, even books and the mag from an ak47. pretty cool stuff. his 1st article, #1, shows how even common pistol rounds, like 9mm, can penetrate through a half dozen walls. scary stuff for home defense...means you really, really shouldnt miss the target!

dun dun dun... chips
Papes

Re: Random Gun Thread

Postby dun dun dun... chips » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:40 pm

Jif wrote:means you really, really shouldnt miss the target!

heh assuming you can aim. yeah, it will go through walls, but you have to point it at them first.
youd be surprised how many people suck at aiming a gun, though it seems so... common-sense. play airsoft of paintball with people that dont play fps or anything like that, and dont have much experience with guns, its pretty ridiculous.
i remember a dude that played paintball with me for a while back in highschool, and while, granted, paintball isnt the most accurate of all guns, he held it like those mobsters did from old movies, right above the hip. bloody silly. he never hit much...

anyways, neat link.

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:16 pm

Pretty awesome site.

I was gonna make a thread when I got my gun.
Gaming:
Workstation:

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:57 pm

from a promo email i got from SIG:
"Magazines and fuel tanks"
Magazines are important, blah, blah, blah. That's what most of us hear when the discussion turns to the most mundane of gun parts. Observation of the serious student, both armed professional and responsible citizen alike, has made me pay rapt attention. I urge you to do the same. The following are some thoughts . . . .
• Disassemble and clean your magazines when you clean your gun. They are every bit as important as your barrel.
• For your carry/ duty gun, have carry/duty magazines. Also have practice magazines. Practice with your practice magazines. Carry and duty with your carry/duty mags (after ensuring that they function properly).
• Number, label, or otherwise mark your magazines so that you can tell one from another. Problems are much easier to identify.
• Carry more than one. As the boss is often heard to remark, "You can't have enough ammunition. Unless you're swimming."
• Carry your spare(s) in a suitable magazine carrying device. This does not mean your lint and change-filled pocket.
• If you identify a problem with a specific magazine (because you have marked it and can now readily identify it), fix the problem or discard the magazine. Failures to feed are great practice on the range, not so much in the parking garage.
• Did I mention to disassemble and clean your magazines when you clean your gun?
Magazines are like fuel tanks. I don't want them empty and I really don't want them full of crap. Hopefully, you got past the first "blah".
Jeff Creamer
Deputy Director

Fist of the eskimo
Canadian Ambassador

Postby Fist of the eskimo » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:52 pm

Jif wrote:from a promo email i got from SIG:
"Magazines and fuel tanks"
Magazines are important, blah, blah, blah. That's what most of us hear when the discussion turns to the most mundane of gun parts. Observation of the serious student, both armed professional and responsible citizen alike, has made me pay rapt attention. I urge you to do the same. The following are some thoughts . . . .
• Disassemble and clean your magazines when you clean your gun. They are every bit as important as your barrel.
• For your carry/ duty gun, have carry/duty magazines. Also have practice magazines. Practice with your practice magazines. Carry and duty with your carry/duty mags (after ensuring that they function properly).
• Number, label, or otherwise mark your magazines so that you can tell one from another. Problems are much easier to identify.
• Carry more than one. As the boss is often heard to remark, "You can't have enough ammunition. Unless you're swimming."
• Carry your spare(s) in a suitable magazine carrying device. This does not mean your lint and change-filled pocket.
• If you identify a problem with a specific magazine (because you have marked it and can now readily identify it), fix the problem or discard the magazine. Failures to feed are great practice on the range, not so much in the parking garage.
• Did I mention to disassemble and clean your magazines when you clean your gun?
Magazines are like fuel tanks. I don't want them empty and I really don't want them full of crap. Hopefully, you got past the first "blah".
Jeff Creamer
Deputy Director

AHAHAHHA His LAST NAME IS CREAMER

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:53 pm

Fist of the eskimo wrote:AHAHAHHA His LAST NAME IS CREAMER

Fuck, I noticed the same thing. We're 12 years old...
Gaming:
Workstation:

Fist of the eskimo
Canadian Ambassador

Postby Fist of the eskimo » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:01 pm

Darkfoxx wrote:
Fist of the eskimo wrote:AHAHAHHA His LAST NAME IS CREAMER

Fuck, I noticed the same thing. We're 12 years old...

Sweet caroline

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:15 pm

Saw this on Reddit...
http://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-sauer-s ... style.html

Really good deal.
Gaming:
Workstation:

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:14 pm

Was looking up the largest rifle caliber and found this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.950_JDJ

HOLY SHIT. :shock:
Gaming:
Workstation:

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:02 pm

Darkfoxx wrote:Was looking up the largest rifle caliber and found this...

i browsed around the wiki page and the external links and google couldnt find any guns that fired that round nor videos.

here's a punt gun, tho:
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2007 ... punt-guns/

dun dun dun... chips
Papes

Postby dun dun dun... chips » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:04 pm

Darkfoxx wrote:Was looking up the largest rifle caliber and found this...

holy fuckshit

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:44 pm

Got this e-mail today. SO tempted...but alas, I don't need to be spending money right now. :(

Pistol Mount Package
from SIG SAUER®

As seen on the cover of American Handgunner September/October 2010 Issue!
http://sigarmsnews.com/L2wuaHRtbD8xMTg0MzcmMjM5NDI1

This package comes complete with all these items!

- SIG SAUER Pistol Scope Rail Mount
- STL-900L Tactical Light/Laser
- STS-081 Mini Red Dot Sight

A combined value of... $469.95.00 MSRP

Special Price
Get ALL THREE accessories today for...$249.95, and free shipping!

This package combines the ultra compact Mini Red Dot Sight, a 1X passive passive collimator optic. The STL-900L Tactical Light & Laser is the ideal integrated solution for weapons illumination and aiming complete with a high output LED provides a blinding white light, with a strobe function optimized for disorientation. The high intensity red laser works alone or in combination with the white light to provide
pinpoint accuracy. The Bridge Mount features an M1913 Picatinny Rail interface on top and a corresponding M1913 rail atta
chment on the bottom. The mount installs easily and securely with no modifications to the pistol. This package is ideal for both the competitive shooter and tactical operator. The SIG SAUER Mini Red Dot Sight & Bridge Mount is compatible with P220®, P226®, P228®, P229® with rail and standard MosquitoTM models only.

Call now, supplies are limited. Offer is good through Monday September 30, 2010.

Order today and SAVE!
PHONE ORDERS ONLY.
Call (866) 619-1128

Visit our website for more information on these accessories.

Pistol Scope Mount
http://sigarmsnews.com/L2wuaHRtbD8xMTg0 ... ductid=333

STL-900L Tactical Light/Laser
http://sigarmsnews.com/L2wuaHRtbD8xMTg0 ... ductid=285

STS-081 Mini Red Dot Sight
http://sigarmsnews.com/L2wuaHRtbD8xMTg0 ... ductid=286
Gaming:
Workstation:

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:54 pm

$250? you totally need to buy this. you;d have a fucking red dot + rail system. fuck that's sexy

Bacon
People Know Me

Postby Bacon » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:31 pm

Jif wrote:$250? you totally need to buy this. you;d have a fucking red dot + rail system. fuck that's sexy

on a pistol?

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:34 pm

Bacon wrote:
Jif wrote:$250? you totally need to buy this. you;d have a fucking red dot + rail system. fuck that's sexy

on a pistol?

yup

Return to “General Discussion”