Random Gun Thread

Comments and discussion on any and all topics.
Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Re: Random Gun Thread

Postby Darkfoxx » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:32 pm

http://wilsoncombat.com/new/handgun-cqb.asp

Blue ridge is apparently getting one of these in. Fuck.
Gaming:
Workstation:

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:34 pm

Darkfoxx wrote:http://wilsoncombat.com/new/handgun-cqb.asp

Blue ridge is apparently getting one of these in. Fuck.

just jizzed. right in my pants.

ive been doing some research and with being able to use HP rounds (the military can't, ironically, because it's banned by the Geneva conventions) i think 9mm and .40 are probably the best calibers. the mushroomed difference between 9mm and .45 is negligible IMO. i definitely still want a 1911, and it will be my next gun, but i think 9mm and .40 is where it's at even without considering the cost of ammo. 9mm is such a small, fast round and .45 such a big, slow round that with FMJ rounds there are benefits and cons to each. 9mm travels further, straighter, but may penetrate >1 person, limiting the dmg done to the 1st target. .45 travels slower and drops faster, but hits with more surface and is less likely to pass through a target.

This is one reason why many in the military are unhappy with the M9. Since they're barred from using HP rounds they are forced to use FMJ, which negates the entire purpose, IMO, of 9mm. since a soldier is most likely to use his pistol in close quarters in situations where they must drop the target in the first 1-2 shots, 9mm FMJ is at a huge disadvantage and is why SpecOps guys seemingly always carry .40 or .45. HP tips, IMO, negate most of the cons to 9mm while still retaining the speed advantage. .40 seems like a good mix between the 2. I read somewhere that a HP 9mm round exerts more force (ie does more dmg) to a target than a FMJ .45. i tend to believe that. So if a FMJ .45 round is enough to stop many ppl in their tracks, for which there are many military and civilian records showing this, than a 9mm exerting the same or more force while shooting farther and more accurately over distance, being able to carry 30-50% more ammo per magazine, and costing 25-40% less than .45 seems like a winner to me.

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:42 pm

Jif wrote:just jizzed. right in my pants.

ive been doing some research and with being able to use HP rounds (the military can't, ironically, because it's banned by the Geneva conventions) i think 9mm and .40 are probably the best calibers. the mushroomed difference between 9mm and .45 is negligible IMO. i definitely still want a 1911, and it will be my next gun, but i think 9mm and .40 is where it's at even without considering the cost of ammo. 9mm is such a small, fast round and .45 such a big, slow round that with FMJ rounds there are benefits and cons to each. 9mm travels further, straighter, but may penetrate >1 person, limiting the dmg done to the 1st target. .45 travels slower and drops faster, but hits with more surface and is less likely to pass through a target.

This is one reason why many in the military are unhappy with the M9. Since they're barred from using HP rounds they are forced to use FMJ, which negates the entire purpose, IMO, of 9mm. since a soldier is most likely to use his pistol in close quarters in situations where they must drop the target in the first 1-2 shots, 9mm FMJ is at a huge disadvantage and is why SpecOps guys seemingly always carry .40 or .45. HP tips, IMO, negate most of the cons to 9mm while still retaining the speed advantage. .40 seems like a good mix between the 2. I read somewhere that a HP 9mm round exerts more force (ie does more dmg) to a target than a FMJ .45. i tend to believe that. So if a FMJ .45 round is enough to stop many ppl in their tracks, for which there are many military and civilian records showing this, than a 9mm exerting the same or more force while shooting farther and more accurately over distance, being able to carry 30-50% more ammo per magazine, and costing 25-40% less than .45 seems like a winner to me.

Agreed.

.40s&w is probably the most versatile pistol round next to 9mm. If I were in LE or was in a situation where I may need to use my gun to defend myself on a daily basis, I would definitely equip myself with a .40 pistol. Since both of us use our guns 99.9% of the time for target shooting, 9mm is the ideal choice because a. it's cheaper than .40 and b. it can also be used as a defense round when you buy the appropriate hollowpoint +P rounds.
Gaming:
Workstation:

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:59 pm

Introducing the Springfield XDS:
http://xdspistol.com/

Compact .45 XD

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:37 pm

Jif wrote:Introducing the Springfield XDS:
http://xdspistol.com/

Compact .45 XD

That looks tight.
Gaming:
Workstation:

Postulio
Is Kind Of A Big Deal

Postby Postulio » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:11 pm

See if I were to get a Hand Gun (which I have been thinking about) I would probably get this:

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/ ... rrorView_Y

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:42 pm

Can't go wrong with a revolver. Very easy to use and maintain.
Gaming:
Workstation:

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:36 pm

that looks awkward. also im not a huge fan of revolvers for self defense. they are REALLY loud. for plinking or sports shooting they are great, but i wouldnt want one over a semi for self defense because they can really hurt your ears.

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:16 pm

Jesus fucking christ

Gaming:
Workstation:

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:20 am

I think I'll go with the Kahr PM9 for my subcompact pistol. The P380 is cool and all, but it's really tiny and shoots an underpowered round. Hopefully Blue Ridge has one to rent so I can try it out.

That guy is awesome, btw.
Gaming:
Workstation:

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:39 pm

Darkfoxx wrote:I think I'll go with the Kahr PM9 for my subcompact pistol. The P380 is cool and all, but it's really tiny and shoots an underpowered round. Hopefully Blue Ridge has one to rent so I can try it out.

That guy is awesome, btw.

fuck you ive been watching his 30 minute long videos all day today. he has one for the brand new Springfield XDs subcompact .45. he seemed to really like it. it's in-between the glock 24/27 and PM9 in size, but it fires 6+1 .45acp. yikes. he said its a borderline pocket carry, but fits well in IWB. might be a little bigger than youre looking for.

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:59 pm

Saw this on CTD's email today...
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/ ... 4+Campaign

That is just fucking sweet.
Gaming:
Workstation:

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:58 pm

Darkfoxx wrote:Saw this on CTD's email today...
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/ ... 4+Campaign

That is just fucking sweet.

dude. i saw that too. so want

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:12 pm

Gaming:
Workstation:

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:22 pm

Nice. It makes so much sense im surprised someone even proposed it...

Return to “General Discussion”