Tv Shows to watch

Comments and discussion on any and all topics.
Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Re: Tv Shows to watch

Postby Darkfoxx » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:35 am

These haven't been mentioned yet:
Man Vs. Wild
Survivorman
Dirty Jobs
Gaming:
Workstation:

Tanis Half Elf
Is Kind Of A Big Deal

Postby Tanis Half Elf » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:02 pm

Pawn Stars

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:07 pm

Tanis Half Elf wrote:Pawn Stars

Yeah that's a good show.

Hoarders is good.
Gaming:
Workstation:

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:13 pm

the last 2 posts for sure. all are great shows.

have you seen the trailers for bear grylls new show? it's about surviving accidents and incidents in civilization, like a car driven into a rover and shit. looks cool

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:22 pm

Jif wrote:have you seen the trailers for bear grylls new show? it's about surviving accidents and incidents in civilization, like a car driven into a rover and shit. looks cool

Yeah, looks good.
Gaming:
Workstation:

Tanis Half Elf
Is Kind Of A Big Deal

Postby Tanis Half Elf » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:48 am

I can't wait for that show.

American Pickers is also good.

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:03 am

Tanis Half Elf wrote:I can't wait for that show.

American Pickers is also good.

it's OK. the one dude spends like 3x for garbage than what it's really worth. i dont know if he's being generous or just dumb. he offered a guy like 5G for a completely rusted out shell of some 1950's sedan. i dont think it even had an engine and if it did it didnt work.in good shape it would be worth a good amount, but for 5G...it'd require like 15G in parts to repair + labor. i dont remember what they used it for, tho.

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:07 am

Jif wrote:it's OK. the one dude spends like 3x for garbage than what it's really worth. i dont know if he's being generous or just dumb. he offered a guy like 5G for a completely rusted out shell of some 1950's sedan. i dont think it even had an engine and if it did it didnt work.in good shape it would be worth a good amount, but for 5G...it'd require like 15G in parts to repair + labor. i dont remember what they used it for, tho.

I think they cheat a lot of people out of money, though. Most of the time they leave the place and they're like "OMG we totally just got this shit for a steal!". If I was the owner of said shit and I was watching this show, I would be pissed off to know that they're making at least 50-100% profit on it.
Gaming:
Workstation:

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:24 pm

Darkfoxx wrote:
Jif wrote:it's OK. the one dude spends like 3x for garbage than what it's really worth. i dont know if he's being generous or just dumb. he offered a guy like 5G for a completely rusted out shell of some 1950's sedan. i dont think it even had an engine and if it did it didnt work.in good shape it would be worth a good amount, but for 5G...it'd require like 15G in parts to repair + labor. i dont remember what they used it for, tho.

I think they cheat a lot of people out of money, though. Most of the time they leave the place and they're like "OMG we totally just got this shit for a steal!". If I was the owner of said shit and I was watching this show, I would be pissed off to know that they're making at least 50-100% profit on it.

it's their own fault for selling so low. i havent seen that but glad to see they dont just throw money at random people to take their worthless shit

Bacon
People Know Me

Postby Bacon » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:32 pm

See I think that's the same thing for pawn stars. i've never seen american pickers so i don't know if they are worse in that show compared to pawn stars but every time i watch it I just grow to hate those guys more and more

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:50 pm

Bacon wrote:See I think that's the same thing for pawn stars. i've never seen american pickers so i don't know if they are worse in that show compared to pawn stars but every time i watch it I just grow to hate those guys more and more

it's a pawn store...no pawn store ever gives close to market value for something. they're like a reverse flea market. they buy cheap from people desperate for cash. its quick cash the seller might need right away and it's their own fault if they cant use ebay or craigslist or some shit

Fist of the eskimo
Canadian Ambassador

Postby Fist of the eskimo » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:02 pm

AMC's Mad Men - Just watched the first season

Oh, and the sopranos. Pretty sure it was mentioned but i'll second it.

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:41 pm

Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Metalocalypse
Arrested Development

My favorite shows all time, in order.

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:49 pm

How can Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm not be on that list? You're killin' me smalls.
Gaming:
Workstation:

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:52 pm

Darkfoxx wrote:How can Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm not be on that list? You're killin' me smalls.

seinfeld is top 10, prolly close to 5. only saw one episode of curb. ive never had hbo/showtime/skinemax/etc. ever.

seinfeld is one of my favorite shows, but the 1st 3 i listed are entirely in a league of their own. nothing else even comes close in terms of comedy

Return to “General Discussion”