Random Political Thread

Comments and discussion on any and all topics.
Fist of the eskimo
Canadian Ambassador

Random Political Thread

Postby Fist of the eskimo » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:07 pm

...And off to the races

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Re: Random Political Thread

Postby Darkfoxx » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:07 pm

/canofworms
Gaming:
Workstation:

dun dun dun... chips
Papes

Postby dun dun dun... chips » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:49 am

holy fuckshit this will get messy.

Bacon
People Know Me

Postby Bacon » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:47 am

no it won't because what it says is truth. ifg you fiuvcking disagrewe. bring it p with me and ill be glad to fuck you up.

seriously

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:59 pm

Bacon wrote:no it won't because what it says is truth. ifg you fiuvcking disagrewe. bring it p with me and ill be glad to fuck you up.

seriously

climate change may or may not be real, but human impact is irrelevant and the earth can take care of itself.

no one, like at all, objects to stem cell research. some oppose EMBRYONIC stem cell research because they feel the cells, at this point, have developed into babies.

abortion is not irrelevant, it is murder. i'm not sure when a baby is considered a baby, but obama supports late-term abortion, with which almost no sane person agrees. the baby is almost fully developed at this point.

gun control is irrelevant assuming there IS NO gun control. even ignoring the fact that every major study on the impact of gun control versus violent crimes shows that when more citizens have legal guns that crime goes DOWN, gun ownership is absolutely critical to the structure of the American society. the 2nd amendment does not refer to a "militia", it refers to the right for man to keep and bear arms. "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." The first part of this, "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State", is called a preamble. This is merely one example given by the author to support the need for the next section, "the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed". Also, preambles can be found false, considering we don't need a militia today, but it does not impact the legality of the main clause. So, even if we did not have a right to form a militia, the "right of the People to keep and bear arms" would still be law.

Hispanics are coming here illegally, and "anchor babies" absolutely exist. This comes from a distorting interpretation of Section 1 of the Fourteenth Amendment which states, "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."
This was created solely to grant official and immediate US citizenship onto free slaves. it was later interpreted to grant citizenship to native americans who denounced their indian nation (since native americans were not sovereign to the US government and pledged loyalty to native american tribes) and then even later to all native americans. This has been twisted and convoluted to now apply to the babies of illegal hispanics. under no other conditions in the law are the babies of non-citizens/legal permanent residents granted unconditional citizenship. Babies of foreign tourists who are born here are not given citizenship, nor are babies of foreign ambassadors living here, nor are the babies of foreigners from countries other than central/south america who are born here after the mother has overstayed her visa. in this last case, the mother was here legally by visa but never left after it expired. she has a baby and it is not considered a US citizen. How is this different from mexicans, cubans, guatamalans, etc born on US soil to the parents illegal aliens? It's not.
The "anchor baby" part comes up because we are such a compassionate country, that once we gave illegal babies instant citizenship, we felt it cruel to deport the parents of the now-U.S. citizen baby since they have to care for the baby.
So. illegal immigrants breaking our laws merely by being here. they have a baby. it instantly becomes a US citizen. this baby now gets free health care from ER hospitals (since a hospital legally can not turn anyway away and the illegals have no SS#, dont give out home address, etc), takes advantage of all benefits of local, state, and federal government (roads, police, sidewalks, everything paid for by government), and free education in public schools because they do not have legal jobs meaning they do not pay any income taxes. These taxes pay for public schools, the police, etc, all of which these illegals use for themselves or especially their babies.
One last note: there are THOUSANDS of illegal irish in boston. their babies, to my knowledge, aren't granted citizenship.

No sane conservative or republican believes he's a real muslim or born outside the US.

The soviet union imploded because communism doesn't work. Reagan hasted the downfall by forcing them to spend massive amounts of money they didnt have on national security. He wasnt just some random president during the initial stages of the fall of the USSR, he was probably the single biggest outside influence. He refused to back down with his SDI pet project, which drove kruschev and then gorbachov through the roof with anger, forcing their hands in signing nuclear and arms treaties that favored the US. USSR was scared SHITLESS over SDI, which i think was the strategic defense initiative, also nicknamed star wars. on paper it was a system of satellites that could shoot down enemy long range missles and nukes from orbit. reagan knew the technology didnt quite exist yet, but publically pushed the project repeatedly for years (despite TONS of criticism from the left) because he knew the IMAGE of SDI was what counted. the idea of the US have SDI scared the soviet union shitless as it could potentially almost completely invalidate their entire nuclear arsenal. reagan did not back down to the USSR during repeated treaty talks in i believe iceland. he even walked out on gorbachov, cutting the meeting very short because gorbachov wanted the US to abandon SDI as part of the treaty. reagan refused and then left.
This drove them NUTS and they put even more money into their nuclear program and others to develop ways to get around a supposed satellite defense grid. they poured a LOT of money into this.
While reagan obviously didnt singe-handedly defeat the USSR, he was the first president since JFK to actually push the limits and force their hand openly and publicly. he also declared publicly that he (and the US) would support any peoples that broke off from the USSR to form an independent nation, which REALLY pissed off gorbachov.
he routinely pushed the buttons of the USSR and forced them to change policies and adapt to the US. meanwhile, communism was failing and the country was imploding from famine, no money, riots, and corruption. Reagan changed the policy of Carter, whom did nothing but appease enemies trying to avoid conflict, and put it on our enemies to appease us. it worked.

Sarah Palin holds more in common with the "average" american than any politician in the senate and obama's cabinet. easily. yea, she can be goofy, but that's because she's from alaska! people up their are crazy. crazy but common folk. unlike the previous points, this one is entirely subjective. the previous ones are all backed up by history and facts.

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:11 pm

btw everything i wrote was off the top of my head. i looked up the 2nd amendment on wikipedia to copy the exact clause, and also looked up the 13th and 14th amendment for the anchor babies comment b/c i originally thought it was the 13th that dealt with citizenship.

dun dun dun... chips
Papes

Postby dun dun dun... chips » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:36 pm

this thread is possibly the worst idea this forum has come up with yet.
no offense eskie, but you started something that really didnt need to be started. thanx dude. :D

/ignore on this thread.

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:40 pm

It's really just a place for Jif to post his thoughts. Let him have his own space :thumbsup:
Gaming:
Workstation:

dun dun dun... chips
Papes

Postby dun dun dun... chips » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:43 pm

he can argue with himself all he wants.

Fist of the eskimo
Canadian Ambassador

Postby Fist of the eskimo » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:01 pm

ya dawg - Jif went on about some political shit last night and I was getting tired of political conversations being littered throughout our forums. This just puts it all in one place.

Postulio
Is Kind Of A Big Deal

Postby Postulio » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:47 pm

Just to add one point. A lot of current stem cell research that works with embryonic stem cells only work with an embryo that is only AT MAXIMUM 14 days old. This only allows it to only briefly start constructing a nervous system and not even a circulatory system.

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:12 pm

Here's an article about what i call crony capitalism, when businesses and politicians collude to favor one business over another:
http://townhall.com/columnists/JohnStos ... der_attack

small business owners want the government out of their lives. let markets work and everyone, from the owner to the customers to the workers, benefits.

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:19 pm

Postulio wrote:Just to add one point. A lot of current stem cell research that works with embryonic stem cells only work with an embryo that is only AT MAXIMUM 14 days old. This only allows it to only briefly start constructing a nervous system and not even a circulatory system.

i dont know much about this topic, only that the people claiming others oppose "stem cell research" are confusing it with embryonic stem cell research. i dont really have an opinion on embryonic even though im pro-life. There are a lot of lab-grown and cloning issues that will be coming up in the coming years. i really dont know how i feel. it's similar to the movie The 6th Day with ahnold. we could probably one day develop a "perfect" human but is that something we really want to do? do we want to make clones? we're already beginning cloning human organs for transplant patients, which is awesome, but where does it stop?

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:34 pm

Thomas Sowell is one of the world's leading economists. Just another piece from the premiere writers of modern economics.
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opini ... 95754.html

There are always calls for the government to "do something" when things are going bad. Those who make such calls have almost never bothered to check out what actually happens when the government does something, as compared with what happens when the government does nothing.

Bacon
People Know Me

Postby Bacon » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:06 pm

Postulio wrote:Just to add one point. A lot of current stem cell research that works with embryonic stem cells only work with an embryo that is only AT MAXIMUM 14 days old. This only allows it to only briefly start constructing a nervous system and not even a circulatory system.

Embryonic stem cell research is stupid imo. not only because i'm pro life but also because it hasn't done anything useful for us yet. plain and simple. sure there is a lot of potential, but adult stem cells have been giving us results for YEARS. no body knows about it though. that's the problem.

Return to “General Discussion”