Random Political Thread

Comments and discussion on any and all topics.
User avatar
Postulio
Is Kind Of A Big Deal
Posts: 978
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: CHI
Contact:

Re: Random Political Thread

Postby Postulio » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:50 pm

Darkfoxx wrote:
Harness wrote:I appreciate the support and all but I would love to hear what you think as apposed to who you agree with.

Well, here it goes...

I don't have a very complex view of religion. My view hasn't always been like this, either, but over the years I've whittled it down to what it is now. My only "rule" that I have is this: People should be allowed to worship whatever "god" they want to. I don't care if it's Jesus, Allah, Buddah, nothing, everything, or a piece of white dogshit. You can worship as hard as you want to, I don't care. Til your eyes pop out yo head! But the goddamn second you come to me and start vomiting verbal diarrhea about how your god is this and how your god is that...and why I'm a bad person for doing this and that....THAT'S what I have a problem with!

I can't say that I despise religion being a part of our country's history, because I think it goes deeper than that. Like Scott said, this country was founded on certain beliefs and we can't go back and change that. The problem with this is that people revert back to our history as a talking point. History is meant to be changed and learned from, not copied. It's the same thing as growing up as a Catholic and then adopting atheist ideals. This country was born into a religion but it has since drifted away from that. A small part of that is the leadership, but the larger part is how we've evolved as a country of free thinkers.


I have always seen the Bible as a set of Moral Guide lines, never as fact. A nice story (in some parts) about a Good Christian Jew Man that basically outlined if you were to be as much of a nice guy as Jesus was your going to have a good life. Literally the only thing I will take from the bible. I agree with Justin. Everyone is free to believe what they want to believe about their existence, except when you start degrading others because of it. 6 of the Ten Commandments literally everyone can agree with. However, we have to understand that when the other 4 were written there was no such thing as Science to explain natural phenomena that occur on our planet so the over all assumption is that it was an act of God. The real reason why fundamentalists (the ones screaming in my face that i'm damned) piss the living shit out of me is because they believe they had life, the universe, and everything about it figured out 2000 years ago. Now, this was before anyone figured out what: Electrical current, Nuclear Fission, Gravity, OUR SOLAR SYSTEM, Magnets, Medecine, Sound and Light waves were. That is only a fraction of things that is now relevant to us because of science. Because Man decided to figure out what the world was around him instead of putting faith in a big man on a cloud to make sure everything was ok.

The truth is, I am an Ignostic. Not Athiest and not Agnostic. I cannot confirm or deny that there was a higher power responsible for the rest of creation. However, I have decided that I will not let it influence my decisions through out life.
Image

User avatar
Jif
Jimmy Jams
Posts: 6893
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:49 am

Re: Random Political Thread

Postby Jif » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:15 am

Postulio wrote:
Darkfoxx wrote:
Harness wrote:I appreciate the support and all but I would love to hear what you think as apposed to who you agree with.

Well, here it goes...

I don't have a very complex view of religion. My view hasn't always been like this, either, but over the years I've whittled it down to what it is now. My only "rule" that I have is this: People should be allowed to worship whatever "god" they want to. I don't care if it's Jesus, Allah, Buddah, nothing, everything, or a piece of white dogshit. You can worship as hard as you want to, I don't care. Til your eyes pop out yo head! But the goddamn second you come to me and start vomiting verbal diarrhea about how your god is this and how your god is that...and why I'm a bad person for doing this and that....THAT'S what I have a problem with!

I can't say that I despise religion being a part of our country's history, because I think it goes deeper than that. Like Scott said, this country was founded on certain beliefs and we can't go back and change that. The problem with this is that people revert back to our history as a talking point. History is meant to be changed and learned from, not copied. It's the same thing as growing up as a Catholic and then adopting atheist ideals. This country was born into a religion but it has since drifted away from that. A small part of that is the leadership, but the larger part is how we've evolved as a country of free thinkers.


I have always seen the Bible as a set of Moral Guide lines, never as fact. A nice story (in some parts) about a Good Christian Jew Man that basically outlined if you were to be as much of a nice guy as Jesus was your going to have a good life. Literally the only thing I will take from the bible. I agree with Justin. Everyone is free to believe what they want to believe about their existence, except when you start degrading others because of it. 6 of the Ten Commandments literally everyone can agree with. However, we have to understand that when the other 4 were written there was no such thing as Science to explain natural phenomena that occur on our planet so the over all assumption is that it was an act of God. The real reason why fundamentalists (the ones screaming in my face that i'm damned) piss the living shit out of me is because they believe they had life, the universe, and everything about it figured out 2000 years ago. Now, this was before anyone figured out what: Electrical current, Nuclear Fission, Gravity, OUR SOLAR SYSTEM, Magnets, Medecine, Sound and Light waves were. That is only a fraction of things that is now relevant to us because of science. Because Man decided to figure out what the world was around him instead of putting faith in a big man on a cloud to make sure everything was ok.

The truth is, I am an Ignostic. Not Athiest and not Agnostic. I cannot confirm or deny that there was a higher power responsible for the rest of creation. However, I have decided that I will not let it influence my decisions through out life.


Motherfucking magnets. How do they work?

User avatar
Harness
Da Bumble
Posts: 2069
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:13 pm

Re: Random Political Thread

Postby Harness » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:10 pm

Jif wrote:
Motherfucking magnets. How do they work?


lol


Hey Jif, You like how I finally got something out of Foxx?
I type a bunch of shit then people go fuk themselves

User avatar
Darkfoxx
Site Admin
Posts: 9638
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:09 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA
Contact:

Re: Random Political Thread

Postby Darkfoxx » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:31 pm

Harness wrote:Hey Jif, You like how I finally got something out of Foxx?

Everyone knows my beliefs (or so i thought) so I'm not sure why this is a big deal...?
Gaming:
Image
Workstation:
Image

User avatar
dun dun dun... chips
Papes
Posts: 3287
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:08 pm
Location: WOOOOOO
Contact:

Re: Random Political Thread

Postby dun dun dun... chips » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:11 pm

Darkfoxx wrote:
Harness wrote:Hey Jif, You like how I finally got something out of Foxx?

Everyone knows my beliefs (or so i thought) so I'm not sure why this is a big deal...?

rofl im pretty sure we all know each other well enough to be able to accurately gauge the opinions of anyone here, regardless of whether its come up before or not haha
Image

User avatar
Darkfoxx
Site Admin
Posts: 9638
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:09 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA
Contact:

Re: Random Political Thread

Postby Darkfoxx » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:42 pm

dun dun dun... chips wrote:rofl im pretty sure we all know each other well enough to be able to accurately gauge the opinions of anyone here, regardless of whether its come up before or not haha

Indeed good sir.
Gaming:
Image
Workstation:
Image

User avatar
Jif
Jimmy Jams
Posts: 6893
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:49 am

Re: Random Political Thread

Postby Jif » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:35 pm

Harness wrote:
Jif wrote:
Motherfucking magnets. How do they work?


lol


Hey Jif, You like how I finally got something out of Foxx?

i get him to open up irl, but i'd given up on the fo'rums

User avatar
dun dun dun... chips
Papes
Posts: 3287
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:08 pm
Location: WOOOOOO
Contact:

Re: Random Political Thread

Postby dun dun dun... chips » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:39 pm

Jif wrote:
Harness wrote:
Jif wrote:
Motherfucking magnets. How do they work?


lol


Hey Jif, You like how I finally got something out of Foxx?

i get him to open up irl, but i'd given up on the fo'rums

rofl probably because whenever we get into stuff like this i run my wall-of-text about it, and there isnt really much to add most of the time, so if he agrees with me, whats there to say? no point in being redundant. foxx and i do see eye to eye from alot of what i remember...
Image

User avatar
Darkfoxx
Site Admin
Posts: 9638
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:09 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA
Contact:

Re: Random Political Thread

Postby Darkfoxx » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:32 pm

Indeed. I'll talk all you want in person about something....however I tend to stay away from politics because it usually never goes well and people get offended and shit. Not saying you guys do, just in general. Family and shit. My family gets really heated about politics.
Gaming:
Image
Workstation:
Image

User avatar
dun dun dun... chips
Papes
Posts: 3287
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:08 pm
Location: WOOOOOO
Contact:

Re: Random Political Thread

Postby dun dun dun... chips » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:38 pm

Darkfoxx wrote:Indeed. I'll talk all you want in person about something....however I tend to stay away from politics because it usually never goes well and people get offended and shit. Not saying you guys do, just in general. Family and shit. My family gets really heated about politics.

yarp. really heated.
Image

User avatar
Darkfoxx
Site Admin
Posts: 9638
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:09 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA
Contact:

Re: Random Political Thread

Postby Darkfoxx » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:34 pm

Gaming:
Image
Workstation:
Image

User avatar
Jif
Jimmy Jams
Posts: 6893
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:49 am

Re: Random Political Thread

Postby Jif » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:19 pm

Darkfoxx wrote:Yeah!
http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/02/opinion/g ... ?hpt=hp_t1

Refund me, bitch.

yup

User avatar
Harness
Da Bumble
Posts: 2069
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:13 pm

Re: Random Political Thread

Postby Harness » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:04 pm

Image
I type a bunch of shit then people go fuk themselves

User avatar
Jif
Jimmy Jams
Posts: 6893
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:49 am

Re: Random Political Thread

Postby Jif » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:42 pm

http://patriotupdate.com/articles/9-10- ... al-paying/

“In a private business, a non-essential employee would be a non-employee.”

User avatar
Jif
Jimmy Jams
Posts: 6893
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:49 am

Re: Random Political Thread

Postby Jif » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:11 am

Obama Officials In 2010: 93 Million Americans Will Be Unable To Keep Their Health Plans Under Obamacare


If you read the Affordable Care Act when it was passed, you knew that it was dishonest for President Obama to claim that “if you like your plan, you can keep your plan,” as he did—and continues to do—on countless occasions. And we now know that the administration knew this all along. It turns out that in an obscure report buried in a June 2010 edition of the Federal Register, administration officials predicted massive disruption of the private insurance market.


LIES LIES LIES. More lies from the people telling us "we have to pass the bill to see what's in it."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapotheca ... obamacare/


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest