fuck.

Comments and discussion on any and all topics.
dun dun dun... chips
Papes
fuck.

Postby dun dun dun... chips » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:43 pm

so, ive been having fun with things on my desk recently, the most recent being drinks. not two days ago there was a glass on my desk that i pushed over because it was between me and my keyboard; went to type, sploosh. all over my desk. fortunately no harm done.
last night, did it again, but this time managed to dump the entire damn glass right into my keyboard. didnt even fucking miss a little bit. entire glass of juice is now draining out the bottom of the board. i hastily unplugged it and started taking it apart to dry it out, but fuckoff lemonade dries fast and stickily. got it as dry as i was going to, and it seemed alright shortly after being dry, but by the time i went to bed the 'w' key was sticking a little, along with the space bar and return.
i get up this morning and half the keys stick, some dont come up, and a few just dont work at all.

fuck off, i thought to myself as i was putting the glass down 'this needs to go somewhere else' and i go to type not 15 seconds later and its in my board. fucking 130 dollar board, now a very expensive ceiling illuminator.
the xarmor store is, go figure, down right now for maintenance, but i know there is no fucking way that liquid damage would be covered by the warranty. looks like im going to be buying another one.

but hey! at least now i wont have to worry about losing/damaging keycaps, right? or even the mechanical switches; ill have fucking 109 extras.

fuck.

Fist of the eskimo
Canadian Ambassador

Re: fuck.

Postby Fist of the eskimo » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:49 pm

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:51 pm

I heard that you can take it into the shower with you and then let it air dry...this was an acceptable answer for the A+ exam I took.
Gaming:

Workstation:

dun dun dun... chips
Papes

Postby dun dun dun... chips » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:17 pm

@ reid: sure did. the other two computers on my desk, both with functioning keyboards, looked on feeling dejected.

@ foxx: if it were my macs keyboard, which is rubber dome, id have no problem doing that, since ive put it through the dishwasher twice and it still works fine. however, during the disassembling process, i noticed that quite alot of the board itself is metal, including the backplate that the switches are mounted on, quite a few of the smaller components, and components of the switches themselves, and when i google-fu-ed forums on the subject, more people said it was a bad idea with mechanical boards than not, due to corrosion. they suggested taking it all apart and letting it sit in alcohol/distilled or DI water. i dont have the tools nor the skill to take apart the board, however, so thats not really an option for me.

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:49 pm

appropriate thread title.

Harness
Da Bumble

Postby Harness » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:16 pm

I was a dick here and I apologize.
Last edited by Harness on Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I type a bunch of shit then people go fuk themselves

dun dun dun... chips
Papes

Postby dun dun dun... chips » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:48 pm

dun dun dun... chips
Papes

Postby dun dun dun... chips » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:17 pm

so since the xarmor site is down, still, ive been looking at other places to grab a replacement board. amazon was one of the first places i looked for xarmor stuff, and it turns out theyve got another board, evidently, and its a gaming board. its got cherry mx brown switches, though, and i dont really get along with browns... i cant see any difference outside of that, though, and its another 60 bucks. its on sale right now...

browns:
http://www.amazon.com/XArmor-U9BL-S-bac ... 927&sr=8-4

blues (a replacement for the one i stickified):
http://www.amazon.com/XARMOR-U9BL-Backl ... 927&sr=8-1

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:22 pm

dun dun dun... chips
Papes

Postby dun dun dun... chips » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:13 pm

yeah I'm not quite sure what the deal with thr board is. evidently there are multiple boards that they used to sell... I got another one with the blue switches anyways, so it doesn't really matter. didn't feel like tryin to get used to browns

Return to “General Discussion”