Fantasy Football 2012

Comments and discussion on any and all topics.
Postulio
Is Kind Of A Big Deal

Re: Fantasy Football 2012

Postby Postulio » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:56 pm

Darkfoxx wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bears-sign-veteran-quarterback-mccown-183404378--nfl.html

I like how they refer to McCown as a "veteran" QB. He's one of the worst out there and the most games he's played per season in his career is 14. Even the Lions cut him after 1 season of riding the pine.

I don't think Chicago knows anything about what makes a good quarterback - given their track record. Even if one came in and put his balls all over Lovie Smith's face.

Dude, Jason Campbell will be a fine backup to Jay Cutler. The Offense might suffer, but im pretty sure most of the points come from Defensive scoring anyways

Harness
Da Bumble

Postby Harness » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:53 pm

Postulio wrote:
Darkfoxx wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bears-sign-veteran-quarterback-mccown-183404378--nfl.html

I like how they refer to McCown as a "veteran" QB. He's one of the worst out there and the most games he's played per season in his career is 14. Even the Lions cut him after 1 season of riding the pine.

I don't think Chicago knows anything about what makes a good quarterback - given their track record. Even if one came in and put his balls all over Lovie Smith's face.

Dude, Jason Campbell will be a fine backup to Jay Cutler. The Offense might suffer, but im pretty sure most of the points come from Defensive scoring anyways

If the Bears can't play that ball control offense the defense will suffer as a result. What happened last year when he went down? And when he comes back what is he going to play like? We all know he's Mrs. Cutler when it comes to injury.
I type a bunch of shit then people go fuk themselves

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: the trade between Sonic and Posty....

Wat. How is that even fair?
Gaming:
Workstation:

Postulio
Is Kind Of A Big Deal

Postby Postulio » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:08 pm

Darkfoxx wrote:Re: the trade between Sonic and Posty....

What? I am looking at TE options and I see that Sonic could use another WR

Fist of the eskimo
Canadian Ambassador

Postby Fist of the eskimo » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:28 pm

Darkfoxx wrote:Re: the trade between Sonic and Posty....

Ya I'm questioning how this is unfair too.

Postulio
Is Kind Of A Big Deal

Postby Postulio » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:56 am

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... 1=3&mid2=1

RGC improves to 3-0 and remains undefeated in upset games this season.
Slack Jawed Yokels falls to 0-3 and remains winless in upset games this season.

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:49 pm

Postulio wrote:Slack Jawed Yokels falls to 0-3 and remains winless in upset games this season.

LOL

I'm so happy I'm not in last place anymore. I love my recap! It basically says that my only two wins are against Planeteers.
Gaming:
Workstation:

Postulio
Is Kind Of A Big Deal

Postby Postulio » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:00 pm

That call was so fucking dumb its not even funny.

Bacon
People Know Me

Postby Bacon » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:39 pm

yeah pretty much

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:53 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/wr-heard-p ... --nfl.html

LOL, must be difficult playing football with a boner.
Gaming:
Workstation:

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:21 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... --nfl.html

Also, Bob Costas throwing in that anti-gun shit last night was total BS.
http://dailycaller.com/2012/12/03/bob-c ... un-owners/
Gaming:
Workstation:

Harness
Da Bumble

Postby Harness » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:51 pm

Darkfoxx wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/andy-reid-names-nick-foles-eagles-starting-qb-180841423--nfl.html

Also, Bob Costas throwing in that anti-gun shit last night was total BS.
http://dailycaller.com/2012/12/03/bob-c ... un-owners/

Handguns do not enhance our safety. They exacerbate our flaws, tempt us to escalate arguments, and bait us into embracing confrontation rather than avoiding it.

I've never heard anyone make more sense about guns then this. It was so well said and so true.

The rest was nonsense especially saying that they would both still be alive if he didn't have a gun. He wanted to kill her and wanted to kill himself and that wasn't a guns fault.
I type a bunch of shit then people go fuk themselves

dun dun dun... chips
Papes

Postby dun dun dun... chips » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:17 pm

Harness wrote:(guns) exacerbate our flaws, tempt us to escalate arguments, and bait us into embracing confrontation rather than avoiding it.

this much i do agree with. there is many a situation that just gets worse when somebody uses guns/escalation as a solution to a problem. i do, however, believe in the value of being able to protect your life and your loved ones' lives in a situation where violence is an unavoidable outcome. the issue is with the morals of the wielder more than the laws, however. some people are particularly corruptible, after all, and guns are power.
gun control, however, i believe, is much more valid when it comes to large arms. leave personal protection and hunting arms to the people, but there is absolutely no reason why civilians should have something to the effect of automatic weapons, military shotguns, etc. there is no such situation as one that requires an assault rifle for protection.

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:46 pm

dun dun dun... chips wrote:
Harness wrote:(guns) exacerbate our flaws, tempt us to escalate arguments, and bait us into embracing confrontation rather than avoiding it.

this much i do agree with. there is many a situation that just gets worse when somebody uses guns/escalation as a solution to a problem. i do, however, believe in the value of being able to protect your life and your loved ones' lives in a situation where violence is an unavoidable outcome. the issue is with the morals of the wielder more than the laws, however. some people are particularly corruptible, after all, and guns are power.
gun control, however, i believe, is much more valid when it comes to large arms. leave personal protection and hunting arms to the people, but there is absolutely no reason why civilians should have something to the effect of automatic weapons, military shotguns, etc. there is no such situation as one that requires an assault rifle for protection.

"automatic" weapons have been more or less illegal since prohibition (you can legally own them in some states but it's a tedious, lengthy, and time-consuming process- the vast majority of legal civilian automatic weapons are owned by Class III firearms dealers in the 25 or so states that do not restrict automatic weapons at the state level) and no major gun-advocacy group has campaigned to overturn this to my knowledge. an "assault" weapon is just a semi-automatic version of a military weapon. These are hardly different from hunting rifles that have been on the market for 50 years. they use the same rounds, have the same stopping power, and can fire at the same rate. people have been using "hunting" rifles to kill people for as long as there was a quasi-distinction between the 2.

FYI i dont think there's been a crime committed by a civilian wielding a legally-owned automatic weapon in the history of this country, and the number of murders/shootings by civilians legally owning a semi-auto "assault" rifle is extremely low. It was unheard of until that infamous 1980's LA bank robbery, and i believe there was one last year or 2 years ago in the northeast somewhere, but they are very rare.

Anyway, good luck to everything except posty in this week's opening round of the playoffs

Postulio
Is Kind Of A Big Deal

Postby Postulio » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:32 pm

So can someone explain to me what the fuck happened to this team? I mean seriously this is probably one of the most spectacular fourth quarters I have seen and it was against the Giants no less.

Return to “General Discussion”