Fantasy Football 2013

Comments and discussion on any and all topics.
Sonic
Site Admin

Re: Fantasy Football 2013

Postby Sonic » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:48 am

How am I 150 points ahead and still in 2nd....this needs to change.

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:02 pm

Sonic wrote:How am I 150 points ahead and still in 2nd....this needs to change.

I know right? Fucking Rapists. Look at his points against. You've been getting pounded by opposing players but still win. That's the sign of a great team. But then again, Eski is in the same position. He should be #2.

Hope that Zack beats him this week.
Gaming:
Workstation:

Fist of the eskimo
Canadian Ambassador

Postby Fist of the eskimo » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:27 pm

Darkfoxx wrote: But then again, Eski is in the same position. He should be #2.

Holy shit someone noticed

Postulio
Is Kind Of A Big Deal

Postby Postulio » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:37 pm

Jif wrote:LOL @ Posty-
Screen Shot 2013-09-04 at 9.09.15 AM.png

Considering Rd 14 picks were our Keepers, that graph means he didnt select a single player later than that player's Average Draft Pick across Yahoo. Since almost ever bar is negative, it means most of his selections were chosen earlier than that player is normally taken. THat's not always a bad thing for a few players you don't want to be gobbled up by someone else or if you need to draft that player's position or if you have a hunch, etc, but not when all your players are like that. And of course there are always variations between leagues based on league rules (PPR, 40+ yard bonuses, etc) or attitudes/locations of managers. But for Posty it means he has hunches about everyone and can't afford to let them dangle for an extra round or 2. In reality, he could have gotten better players, on paper, and as people in other leagues perceive them, for the same draft position.

We all have quite a few players on the negative side of these graphs. Since these are average positions for drafted players, there will be people/leagues that take someone sooner or later than this. However, when you're posty, you're just bad at drafting.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... draftrecap

5-2

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:47 am

LOL my graph looked bad too and I'm 5-2 as well. Mostly because I moved a lot of players around. My current team looks nothing like my drafted team. I only have 5 players on my team that I originally drafted...
Gaming:
Workstation:

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:52 am

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... 1=4&mid2=6

Despite finishing with just the ninth-highest point total in the league this week, the ball breakers (2-6, 460.17 points) managed to sneak by Cum Hose, 39.78 - 38.35. the ball breakers got quite lucky, winning while putting up just 69.2% of their 57.52-point season average. This was a painful one for Cum Hose (3-5, 496.21 points) to take, who in addition to losing, also finished dead last in the league in points. Russell Wilson led the ball breakers in scoring this week with 14.18 points.

Smooth Moves by the ball breakers
Picked up Russell Wilson, who led the team in scoring with 14.18 points.
the ball breakers was still able to pull out a win with only 1 of their 9 starters exceeding their projected points.
the ball breakers won even with Rashard Mendenhall in the starting lineup, who didn't score any points.
the ball breakers managed their team well, winning with three players on the bench and not playing this week.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Cum Hose
Picked up Andy Dalton but left him on the bench, where he scored the second-most points in the league and beat his projected point total by 173.8%, the eighth-highest percentage in the league.
With -1.55 points against a projected 17.13, Michael Vick had the lowest point total in the league this week and has now scored below his projection in four straight games.
Picked up and started Roy Helu Jr., who then scored below his 4.01-point projection with 1.25 points.
Lost the matchup even though the ball breakers had their lowest-scoring week of the season.
Cum Hose had 8 starters fail to reach their projections.

Game Notes
This matchup featured the two lowest-scoring teams in the league this week.
the ball breakers won by scoring 39.78 points, the lowest winning score in the league this season.
It was the third time this season that Cum Hose has had the lowest score in the league.
the ball breakers underachieved for the sixth time this season, including the last three weeks in a row, scoring 39.78 points against a projected 64.95 this week.
At 1.43 points, the margin of victory was the smallest in the league this season.
Cum Hose got a combined 4.50 points from their RBs, their lowest combined scoring output from the RB position this season.
The win by the ball breakers snapped a five-game losing streak.
Alex Henery did little to help the ball breakers, underperforming versus projections for the third straight game with 1.00 point against a projected 8.57.

Im so terrible.I lost to a team with a player that didn't play, and , in fact, would have won not only if I had started Andy Dalton over Vick, but if I had benched Vick and not started anyone. Yes, I would have won this matchup had I started no one in place of Michael Vick.

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:58 am

Nice pick up on Ellington (again). I was about to grab him.

It was a terrible week of Fantasy.
Gaming:
Workstation:

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:01 pm

Darkfoxx wrote:Nice pick up on Ellington (again). I was about to grab him.

It was a terrible week of Fantasy.

he did shit when I needed him before, then had 3 TDs the 2 weeks after. thats been the story of my season. that and not dropping players fast enough (Steven Jackson, Mike Williams, Roddy White, Vick), and then dropping the ones that get good again (Ridley, Ellington).

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:38 pm

Gaming:
Workstation:

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:33 pm

And this is why I picked him up.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... be-bouncin

Kid is gonna be a stud for the next few years.
Gaming:
Workstation:

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:06 am

im terrible
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (59.97 KiB) Viewed 3805 times

I now have the lowest points scored in the league....Sonic has scored almost 50% more points than me. Almost every player on my team has under-achieved the entire season. 4 of my first 5 draft picks were giant flops. 2 i dropped after 2-4 weeks after sucking terribly only to play well immediately after. my keeper and #3 pick have like 15 combined points all season, and i just dropped my keeper. #3 (Roddy White) isn't long for the team either.

I was so high on my team after the draft only to be as completely disappointed as possible. I had 3 top 20 backs, including 2 projected top 10, and I ended up dropping 2 of them for sucking ass/being injured. This has been the single worst season of FF of my career, and I played 3 leagues for 3 years straight.

Oh, not to mention I dropped Nick Foles after a terrible game in which had got hurt. Since Vick was the starter the next week i pick him up. he gets hurt in the first half and gets me -1.8 points. I lost that week by 1.5 points. Then of course Foles is cleared to play the following week and wasn;t available again by the time I had a chance to check fantasy that week. he then proceeds to score more points than my entire team.

I have made the wrong decisions for literally every move I've made this year. I feel like George Castanza....I should start doing the exact opposite of whatever I'd normally do.

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:45 pm

Don't feel bad. My draft was pretty shitty, then I had a few of my top players injured. But you know what? I picked up FA's and started winning games. Cut out the shit that doesn't work and start fresh.
Gaming:
Workstation:

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:39 pm

Darkfoxx wrote:Don't feel bad. My draft was pretty shitty, then I had a few of my top players injured. But you know what? I picked up FA's and started winning games. Cut out the shit that doesn't work and start fresh.

thats where my terrible decisions came in

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:00 am

I just wanted to say....there have been A LOT more season-ending injuries this season than any previous season I can remember. It's crazy. This has been the year of the free agency...

If anyone needs RBs, I have a bunch :wink:

Oh and I was looking at the FA's today and saw this dude....HAHAHA :lol:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/9517/
Gaming:
Workstation:

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:03 pm

Darkfoxx wrote:I just wanted to say....there have been A LOT more season-ending injuries this season than any previous season I can remember. It's crazy. This has been the year of the free agency...

If anyone needs RBs, I have a bunch :wink:

Oh and I was looking at the FA's today and saw this dude....HAHAHA :lol:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/9517/

anecdotally i agree. I can't remember a season with this many projected top players landing on IR or flat out sucking it up. Ray Rice, Fitz, MJD, Tom Brady (had no offense for half the season), Roddy White (getting old ad=nd missed his first games of his CAREER due to injury), Stephen Ridley sucked for 5 games, Andre Johnson took his time living up to expectations, Doug Martin, Trent Richardson, and Mike Wallace just off the top of my head.

edit: MOAR busts: Julio Jones (IR), Jermichael Finley (IR- and career may be over), Arian Foster (IR), Stephen Jackson, Reggie Wayne, Owen Daniels, Jeremy Maclin, CJ Spiller, Chris Johnson, David Wilson (IR- and careeer may be over), Dwayne Bowe, Hakeem Nicks

Return to “General Discussion”