Fantasy Football 2015

Comments and discussion on any and all topics.
Jif
Jimmy Jams

Re: Fantasy Football 2015

Postby Jif » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:29 pm

Darkfoxx wrote:http://www.draftsharks.com/article/2682/is-the-rb-position-dead-in-fantasy-football-

One odd result does not make a trend or truth. Last season was a fluke for many reasons. I made a post mid-season about all the high pick busts due to injury or performance. I cant remember a season with so many universally highly-drafted busts.

You can't look at last season alone when comparing RB to WR. We changed bonuses last year (WR gained an extra 50 yd bonus over RB). RBs across the league were down. This could be the beginning of a new trend in the NFL OR it could be a complete outlier. I don't believe in taking drastic actions based on inconclusive, short-term evidence. I would be willing to change any and all rules after long-term information shows it should be changed. ie- If more and more teams continue rolling with a RBBC then it may be time to add RB to flex spot. There would be less legitimate clear #1/starting RBs in the league and i would entertain adding it to flex spot.

On the counter-side, tho, there are almost 2 WRs on a team for every RB. Often the low-end WRs rarely see the field (on offense anyway), but on many teams even the 3rd RB never gets more than 1 or 2 touches. While most #4-6 WRs shouldnt even be considered start-worthy on your team, the fact that there's almost always at least 2 per team means there are about twice as many serviceable WRs than RBs available.

But really I just want Fantasy to be relatively close to real football. Skills positions IRL: 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 2 TEs. Every team has a clear #1 RB and a backup or 2 borderline starters and split carries somewhere between 75/25 and 50/50. Every team has 2 defined top receivers and a 3rd capable of catching the ball every now and then. Every team has 2 TEs, even if one is a better pass catcher and the other is primarily a blocker.

I like this league's setup over the years 1) because it's different than the cookie cutter/standard yahoo league and 2) because there's no bullshit. Score touchdowns or move the ball often and far and you score points. If you don't you get jack shit. Good.

Return to “General Discussion”