Fantasy Football 2015

Comments and discussion on any and all topics.
MaC
Got Fofum

Re: Fantasy Football 2015

Postby MaC » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:19 pm

The lock teams seems way early, possibly not needed at all. I'm in the toilet bowl and have all 3 of my RBS go down with an injury a week before, if this were for the championship I'd be pissed. It sucks picking from FA when your premier starter is out, but at least it is fun to see if they happen to be a sleeper. Now you're getting screwed twice over playing someone who will guarantee you to have zero points. We only have a 5 player bench, so there is too much luck involved for avoiding injury for 3 straight weeks.
I think the only position that should be locked is defense, so you can't just pick up a team that is playing a backup quarterback. Or maybe lock everything, but if your player goes down you (and only you) are allowed to get that positions backup.

Sonic
Site Admin

Postby Sonic » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:10 am

The lock was only for those in the toilet bowl...

MaC
Got Fofum

Postby MaC » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:48 pm

ahhh that makes sense, I thought it was for the entire league.

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:44 am

Congrats to our winners!

1. Space Dinos
2. Hernandez for Prez
3. Very inTimidating

You'll be receiving your prize via PayPal shortly. :thumbsup:

The end of season poll is coming shortly as well.
Gaming:
Workstation:

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:51 am

Prizes have been sent out.

Here is the end of season poll which I will use to determine if any changes will be made to the league before the start of the season next year:
http://thestoleneye.com/tools/survey/in ... 21&lang=en

Please take it seriously.

Two things left off the poll:
- Defense scoring changes (points to yards). There was no consensus on this and I don't think it'll add anything of value.
- IR slot - Most everyone (?) agrees that adding an IR slot is a good idea. This will be added unless anyone seriously disagrees and has a valid reason.
Gaming:
Workstation:

Harness
Da Bumble

Postby Harness » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:01 pm

I never finished my survey and I dont know my user name and password.
I type a bunch of shit then people go fuk themselves

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:19 am

Harness wrote:I never finished my survey and I dont know my user name and password.

Go do it again, I just cleared yours out in the system.
Gaming:
Workstation:

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:59 am

After pulling teeth, I finally have all the responses I figured we'd get. DBol and Ball Breakers never even attempted the survey...too bad, so sad.

Results! That's what the people want! :drink:

Let's do a nice summary in some particular order....

• People like me as the commish, that's good! And apparently I communicate well and am reachable in case of any issues.
  • People are happy with a $20 buy-in.
  • Current prize distribution system will be used next year.
  • Draft day may or may not be decided by a Doodle poll next year. There wasn't a clear consensus and personally I feel setting a day far in advance is fair enough.
  • Changing the draft order was too close to call. I'll be doing some thinking about this in the offseason.
  • Regarding a trophy....the results are inconclusive but for the most part people wanted "something" to be given to the winner. Need to decided on what.
  • Regarding a manager using a blank roster: Next year there will be a clear rule about this. Whether the draft order changes or not, you must play til the end. No penalty will be assessed for this year since there was no rule in place.
  • We will be moving to a Sunday - Tuesday waiver system next season.
  • DST KR/PR TD (Defense/Special Teams Kick/Punt Return Touchdown) value will change from 3 to 6 next season.
  • Quarterback sacks will stay at -0.2 (no change).
  • W/T slot will stay and no changes to other slots will be made at this time.
  • Yardage bonuses will be staying, however I will review and adjust accordingly. Overall scoring will be reviewed for next year as well.

Who wants RAW DATA!?! 27 page PDF with COMMENTS and GRAPHS! Manager names have been omitted: http://thestoleneye.com/uploads/EndOfSeasonPoll2015.pdf

My notes:
DST scoring idea: http://i.imgur.com/0ls2vCP.png
Gaming:
Workstation:

Bacon
People Know Me

Postby Bacon » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:55 pm

I'd like to have more discussion on these. I'll post my responses.

2. I'm worried about losing someone cause they don't want to buy in. I'd probably be ok with no buy in if it means that the major players stay with the group.

11. Still pushing back on this. There is literally no good reason not to have it as wr/RB/te. I'll address the comments.

-the math says that it's worse to play an RB over a WR in the flex spot. Why limit it then? If you are saying it's pure downside then let the chumps play their RBs and it will give you a better chance to win.
-Not enough RBs on the waiver? I don't understand why this means that others can't play rbs in their flex spot. You don't have to play an RB in your flex spot. You can play a WR if you want. You can play a te if you want. You can play a RB if you want. Really I felt at times that there weren't any good choices for wr on the waiver either.

12. This is disappointing to me. The problem with bonuses is exactly the same problem with non decimal scoring on yardage. The one yard your guy is short from getting that bonus means little to nothing in the game but those 2 points you get from the bonus can completely change the game.

Also are we doing the IR slot?

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:11 pm

Bacon wrote:I'd like to have more discussion on these. I'll post my responses.

Of course! That's the point of all this.

Bacon wrote:2. I'm worried about losing someone cause they don't want to buy in. I'd probably be ok with no buy in if it means that the major players stay with the group.

The buy-in is staying. We wouldn't be changing the waiver rules if the buy-in was dropped. This past season was a transitional year for this league in the sense that we were going from a free league to a pay league. Lessons were learned, adjustments will be made for next year. Don't you worry!

Bacon wrote:11. Still pushing back on this. There is literally no good reason not to have it as wr/RB/te. I'll address the comments.

-the math says that it's worse to play an RB over a WR in the flex spot. Why limit it then? If you are saying it's pure downside then let the chumps play their RBs and it will give you a better chance to win.
-Not enough RBs on the waiver? I don't understand why this means that others can't play rbs in their flex spot. You don't have to play an RB in your flex spot. You can play a WR if you want. You can play a te if you want. You can play a RB if you want. Really I felt at times that there weren't any good choices for wr on the waiver either.

I understand where you're coming from, believe me, and in other leagues it may be worthwhile due to scoring settings (PPR, for example). However, half of the managers explicitly expressed that they want to leave it as is. I'm in the same boat, although I don't really care either way. Leaving two RB slots means that you need to choose carefully and plan backups accordingly. There will always be more WRs on waivers and I can't justify adding a 3rd option to flex just because it's possible.

That being said, I would like others to address why or why not a W/R/T slot would be good or bad because most didn't explain their answer if they picked "leave as is".

Bacon wrote:12. This is disappointing to me. The problem with bonuses is exactly the same problem with non decimal scoring on yardage. The one yard your guy is short from getting that bonus means little to nothing in the game but those 2 points you get from the bonus can completely change the game.

Bonuses will be examined and adjusted as I said. They aren't going away completely, though. This league has always had some form of bonuses and nearly everyone enjoys them.

Bacon wrote:Also are we doing the IR slot?

Yeah, I already posted about it here: http://thestoleneye.com/viewtopic.php?p=40320#p40320
Gaming:
Workstation:

Bacon
People Know Me

Postby Bacon » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:32 pm

Darkfoxx wrote:I understand where you're coming from, believe me, and in other leagues it may be worthwhile due to scoring settings (PPR, for example). However, half of the managers explicitly expressed that they want to leave it as is. I'm in the same boat, although I don't really care either way. Leaving two RB slots means that you need to choose carefully and plan backups accordingly. There will always be more WRs on waivers and I can't justify adding a 3rd option to flex just because it's possible.

I guess I just don't see any merit to the arguments that people have. They are all telling me that it is a bad choice to start an RB in a flex spot and I still want to start one. Well I'm not saying that I want to start one every week, I just want the option. I don't want to force someone to play an RB and I don't want to force them to roster another RB and offering the option of another RB slot doesn't do either of those. If there were some extreme bonus (like RBs scoring consistently higher than WR) then sure, I can see why people don't want another slot, but that's not the case.

Darkfoxx wrote:Bonuses will be examined and adjusted as I said. They aren't going away completely, though. This league has always had some form of bonuses and nearly everyone enjoys them.

Until you lose by a point because your RB got 99 yards instead of 100...

Darkfoxx wrote:Yeah, I already posted about it here: http://thestoleneye.com/viewtopic.php?p=40320#p40320

Good

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:42 am

Bacon wrote:I guess I just don't see any merit to the arguments that people have. They are all telling me that it is a bad choice to start an RB in a flex spot and I still want to start one. Well I'm not saying that I want to start one every week, I just want the option. I don't want to force someone to play an RB and I don't want to force them to roster another RB and offering the option of another RB slot doesn't do either of those. If there were some extreme bonus (like RBs scoring consistently higher than WR) then sure, I can see why people don't want another slot, but that's not the case.

I want others to comment on this before going any further. You've plead your case :thumbsup:

Bacon wrote:Until you lose by a point because your RB got 99 yards instead of 100...

Did this happen to you (or anyone) this season that caused you (or them) to lose a matchup? You won the league....shhhhhhh! :lol: :P
Gaming:
Workstation:

Harness
Da Bumble

Postby Harness » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:27 pm

Darkfoxx wrote:
Bacon wrote:I guess I just don't see any merit to the arguments that people have. They are all telling me that it is a bad choice to start an RB in a flex spot and I still want to start one. Well I'm not saying that I want to start one every week, I just want the option. I don't want to force someone to play an RB and I don't want to force them to roster another RB and offering the option of another RB slot doesn't do either of those. If there were some extreme bonus (like RBs scoring consistently higher than WR) then sure, I can see why people don't want another slot, but that's not the case.

I want others to comment on this before going any further. You've plead your case :thumbsup:

There are more wide recievers in the league than there are running backs. On top of this, runningbacks are often injured. These are the reasons why leagues that allow 3 starting runningback suck.

Its not about how many points you can cram into one fantasy season. A good league has players in the free agent market that will actually play on Sunday. There is no pleading the case or anything of the sort. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

A perfect league has the following roster spots:
QB
WR
WR
WR
RB
RB
TE
K
DEF
- I have come to the conclusion being the commissioner of over 20 successful leagues. I am the expert in this discussion.

The only reason we have a WR/TE spot is because over the past 15 years (yes, I go back that far) the NFL's use of tight end as a pass catcher has grown tremendously. It gives you an "ohh shit, I need help" fix if you need it.

Forget all the number crunching involved with the third RB position. It WILL and DOES dilute the runningback free agent market. A good commissioner does not look at numbers alone but everything involved in making a decision.
I type a bunch of shit then people go fuk themselves

Bacon
People Know Me

Postby Bacon » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:27 am

Darkfoxx wrote:Did this happen to you (or anyone) this season that caused you (or them) to lose a matchup?

no but thats not a reason to not change the system.
Harness wrote:There are more wide recievers in the league than there are running backs. On top of this, runningbacks are often injured. These are the reasons why leagues that allow 3 starting runningback suck.

Its not about how many points you can cram into one fantasy season. A good league has players in the free agent market that will actually play on Sunday. There is no pleading the case or anything of the sort. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

A perfect league has the following roster spots:
QB
WR
WR
WR
RB
RB
TE
K
DEF
- I have come to the conclusion being the commissioner of over 20 successful leagues. I am the expert in this discussion.

The only reason we have a WR/TE spot is because over the past 15 years (yes, I go back that far) the NFL's use of tight end as a pass catcher has grown tremendously. It gives you an "ohh shit, I need help" fix if you need it.

Forget all the number crunching involved with the third RB position. It WILL and DOES dilute the runningback free agent market. A good commissioner does not look at numbers alone but everything involved in making a decision.

Maybe this last part is what I don't understand, can you expand on it more?

There were a couple games this season that I wanted to start a RB over a WR so imo yeah it is kind of broken. Also I'd like to point out that there are many leagues and many "experts" that say a WR/RB/TE slot is best

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:21 pm

Gaming:
Workstation:

Return to “General Discussion”