Worst day in world history

Comments and discussion on any and all topics.
Jif
Jimmy Jams
Worst day in world history

Postby Jif » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:22 pm

The world will never be the same: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati ... 0767.story

i normally dont give a shit about most famous people, even if i i liked em, but i honestly cried a little when i heard this. he's had more of an impact on my life than any person i've ever not met. i kick myself now for not seeing a show he put on in philly this past year. i have almost all of his comedy albums and 2 of his books. he was brilliantly funny and always honest. extremely vulgar...

his wordplay is amazing, didnt care much for his cat/dog skits, but i loved his socialpolitical humor. his views were very libertarian and believed the gov't shouldnt have the right to dictate what you can say, do, wear, or not wear. he believed that if your child doesnt want to wear a bike helmet, and then he crashes his bike and splits his head open, then it's his fault and maybe next time he'll know better. maybe he won't. it's his (or the parents') decision, not the government making it law that every person on a bicycle has to wear a helmet. it isn't the government's role to protect us from ourselves. i loved his skits on ugly kids and obsessive parents.

i follow his religious views as...religion. my favorite quote in the history of the world is from these views, "Religion is the single biggest cause of death in world history." He later goes on to explain why he worships the sun, but prays to Joe Pesci, and gets the same results as praying to and worshiping God.

btw he's in aristocrats...some irony for ya.

the only comedian that comes close to Carlin is Chris Rock. if Chris Rock dies soon, i may be lost in my ways.

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:33 pm

i can't explain how depressed i am right now. he was like a grandfather i never knew.

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:46 pm

George was awesome...I remember listening to some tapes of his way back when I was a young fella that my parents had. I thought he was the most vulgar person I had ever heard, but I laughed like hell.

He'll be missed, for sure.
Gaming:

Workstation:

Wakka Wah
Got Trofum

Postby Wakka Wah » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:10 pm

i heard the news and was saddened, i watched him on Thomas the Tank as the Conductor

Centari
Is Kind Of A Big Deal

Postby Centari » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:36 pm

Damn, that sucks.

Fist of the eskimo
Canadian Ambassador

Postby Fist of the eskimo » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:22 pm

Ya man, was watching aristocrats last night. He was a very funny man and he will be missed

Return to “General Discussion”