Friends post: why to deface

Comments and discussion on any and all topics.
Sonic
Site Admin
Friends post: why to deface

Postby Sonic » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:47 pm

Hi y'all,
I'm about to delete my facebook, and so here's a little memorial for my page:

"Just worked 11 hours at McDee's, but I'm out! Ah! The sun and the breeze!"
Key, turn, open, and I drive home in my delicious, refreshing AC
Once home, I run indoors and straight to my PC.
I'd love to be outside, to feel and smell the summer that makes us all happy, but I'm neglecting my inbox, and I should really make an EFFORT to keep up with facebook, oh and what's on Yahoo news today...hmmmm wikipedia must have something on iguanas, let's check it out!

The sun goes down each night while I waste my eyes on flickering screens, and I hate it but can't quit it. I do things virtually all over the world, but each day I fail to say "hi" to the neighbors next door. I don't take time to walk around downtown and enjoy being outside. I don't even take time to pray sometimes, even though I've wasted hours online.
So I'm quiting facebook because I can't do it only a little. I'm unplugging from the net and TV because I can't get the stupid things to serve me...they're designed instead to enslave US.
Now, many people would respond, and I used to say it too, that we live in a global world. People are spread out and you can't help but use the net to keep in touch. Well, do you want strong, rich local communities or don't you? After I unplug from the net, I won't be able to chat with friends across the US, so I'll HAVE to chat with my neighbors. I'll HAVE to be local.

Did you know that the average American spends five hours watching TV? I'm sure he surfs the net a lot too. Imagine if even half of that time was spent unplugged, living a real life. Kill the screens, delete the net, and unplug from the global grid.

Live without dead time. Live life unplugged.

Yours,
Jesse

A quality post imo.

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:53 pm

Very true!

That's why clan leaders like myself have to take a vacation once and a while and appreciate the real world.
Gaming:

Workstation:

Centari
Is Kind Of A Big Deal

Postby Centari » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:31 pm

Lies.

Return to “General Discussion”