Random Deal Thread

Down here at the pawn shop... Buy, sell, and trade your unused PC parts and other items collecting dust. Who knows, someone else here may need your junk! Posting online deals are also encouraged.
User avatar
Darkfoxx
Site Admin
Posts: 9650
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:09 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA
Contact:

Re: Random Deal Thread

Postby Darkfoxx » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:41 am

Jif wrote:no SSD????

Agreed. An SSD is pretty much the single best component you can buy that will give you the "Holy shit my PC is fast" feeling.
Gaming:
Image
Workstation:
Image

User avatar
dun dun dun... chips
Papes
Posts: 3287
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:08 pm
Location: WOOOOOO
Contact:

Re: Random Deal Thread

Postby dun dun dun... chips » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:51 am

Darkfoxx wrote:
Jif wrote:no SSD????

Agreed. An SSD is pretty much the single best component you can buy that will give you the "Holy shit my PC is fast" feeling.

rofl sheesh yes im getting an ssd. probably a 60gb. im talking about storage drives, and if you two are as well, fuck no im not getting an ssd storage drive, thatd be bloody expensive.
Image

User avatar
Darkfoxx
Site Admin
Posts: 9650
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:09 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA
Contact:

Re: Random Deal Thread

Postby Darkfoxx » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:02 am

dun dun dun... chips wrote:rofl sheesh yes im getting an ssd. probably a 60gb. im talking about storage drives, and if you two are as well, fuck no im not getting an ssd storage drive, thatd be bloody expensive.

Haha nah, just for your OS dawg.

SSD RAID ARRAY...fuck yeah.
Gaming:
Image
Workstation:
Image

User avatar
dun dun dun... chips
Papes
Posts: 3287
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:08 pm
Location: WOOOOOO
Contact:

Re: Random Deal Thread

Postby dun dun dun... chips » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:59 pm

Darkfoxx wrote:
dun dun dun... chips wrote:rofl sheesh yes im getting an ssd. probably a 60gb. im talking about storage drives, and if you two are as well, fuck no im not getting an ssd storage drive, thatd be bloody expensive.

Haha nah, just for your OS dawg.

SSD RAID ARRAY...fuck yeah.

hahaha yeah that would be pretty dang sweet, even if you would spend a small fortune doing it.
Image

User avatar
Elric of the void
Site Admin
Posts: 774
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:21 pm

Re: Random Deal Thread

Postby Elric of the void » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:09 am

Friend sent me this link, passing it along.
Guild Wars complete pack via amazon:

standard retail 90$ buy today for 20$

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... dition=new
Image
Image

User avatar
Bacon
People Know Me
Posts: 1389
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:40 pm

Re: Random Deal Thread

Postby Bacon » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:34 pm

that's a ridiculously good deal

User avatar
Darkfoxx
Site Admin
Posts: 9650
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:09 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA
Contact:

Re: Random Deal Thread

Postby Darkfoxx » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:05 pm

For those of us Tiesto fans:

I'm giving fans a $10 discount off all tees on www.clublifeclothing.com until Saturday night! Use the code CLVBLIFEDISCOUNT at checkout! Happy Birthday to me LOL!
Gaming:
Image
Workstation:
Image

User avatar
Jif
Jimmy Jams
Posts: 6894
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:49 am

Re: Random Deal Thread

Postby Jif » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:19 pm

Darkfoxx wrote:For those of us Tiesto fans:

I'm giving fans a $10 discount off all tees on http://www.clublifeclothing.com until Saturday night! Use the code CLVBLIFEDISCOUNT at checkout! Happy Birthday to me LOL!

yea and they're still $48

User avatar
Darkfoxx
Site Admin
Posts: 9650
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:09 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA
Contact:

Re: Random Deal Thread

Postby Darkfoxx » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:56 pm

Jif wrote:yea and they're still $48

Fuck, didn't check. At least we have ours.
Gaming:
Image
Workstation:
Image

User avatar
Jif
Jimmy Jams
Posts: 6894
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:49 am

Re: Random Deal Thread

Postby Jif » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:36 pm

Darkfoxx wrote:
Jif wrote:yea and they're still $48

Fuck, didn't check. At least we have ours.

ours are better anyway

User avatar
dun dun dun... chips
Papes
Posts: 3287
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:08 pm
Location: WOOOOOO
Contact:

Re: Random Deal Thread

Postby dun dun dun... chips » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:56 pm

get $20 bucks back through newegg when you buy some of the rosewill stuff. some pretty good deals. for anyone interested in mechanical keyboards, this is a ridiculously good deal. cherry mx reds are near impossible to find in the states, and if you can find a full keyboard of them itll usually run you around 200 bucks. rosewill's keyboards are a little questionable, you can see in the reviews that alot of people complain about the spacebar, but paying essentially $70 for a full operating keyboard of reds, even if you only unsolder them and stick them on another board, is a fricken steal.
for jif, since i think he will be the only one interested: weve got blues, if you are still using the xarmor board. the reds are linear with a very low actuation force; most people rate this as perfect for gamers since you can press them so fast.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... llFullInfo
Image

User avatar
Jif
Jimmy Jams
Posts: 6894
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:49 am

Re: Random Deal Thread

Postby Jif » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:17 pm

dun dun dun... chips wrote:get $20 bucks back through newegg when you buy some of the rosewill stuff. some pretty good deals. for anyone interested in mechanical keyboards, this is a ridiculously good deal. cherry mx reds are near impossible to find in the states, and if you can find a full keyboard of them itll usually run you around 200 bucks. rosewill's keyboards are a little questionable, you can see in the reviews that alot of people complain about the spacebar, but paying essentially $70 for a full operating keyboard of reds, even if you only unsolder them and stick them on another board, is a fricken steal.
for jif, since i think he will be the only one interested: weve got blues, if you are still using the xarmor board. the reds are linear with a very low actuation force; most people rate this as perfect for gamers since you can press them so fast.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... llFullInfo

ive never used anything else besides blues so i dont know if i'd even feel a difference, or at least worth it. dont got any spare money right now so it's not even an option, unfortunately.


i do still have my xarmor board and still loving it. the more i use it the more i love it. i think i'll be content with it (and its blues) for a long, long time. if the reds do make that much of a difference it wouldnt even effect me much since i barely game these days, let alone play competitive/serious FPS. the blues are great for typing and i dont mind them in gaming at all

User avatar
Bacon
People Know Me
Posts: 1389
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:40 pm

Re: Random Deal Thread

Postby Bacon » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:44 pm

Jif wrote:
dun dun dun... chips wrote:get $20 bucks back through newegg when you buy some of the rosewill stuff. some pretty good deals. for anyone interested in mechanical keyboards, this is a ridiculously good deal. cherry mx reds are near impossible to find in the states, and if you can find a full keyboard of them itll usually run you around 200 bucks. rosewill's keyboards are a little questionable, you can see in the reviews that alot of people complain about the spacebar, but paying essentially $70 for a full operating keyboard of reds, even if you only unsolder them and stick them on another board, is a fricken steal.
for jif, since i think he will be the only one interested: weve got blues, if you are still using the xarmor board. the reds are linear with a very low actuation force; most people rate this as perfect for gamers since you can press them so fast.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... llFullInfo

ive never used anything else besides blues so i dont know if i'd even feel a difference, or at least worth it. dont got any spare money right now so it's not even an option, unfortunately.


i do still have my xarmor board and still loving it. the more i use it the more i love it. i think i'll be content with it (and its blues) for a long, long time. if the reds do make that much of a difference it wouldnt even effect me much since i barely game these days, let alone play competitive/serious FPS. the blues are great for typing and i dont mind them in gaming at all

i'm willing to bet that you would feel the difference between blues and reds. i had an extremely difficult time playing on eric's blues from my keyboard now

User avatar
dun dun dun... chips
Papes
Posts: 3287
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:08 pm
Location: WOOOOOO
Contact:

Re: Random Deal Thread

Postby dun dun dun... chips » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:24 pm

Bacon wrote:
Jif wrote:
dun dun dun... chips wrote:get $20 bucks back through newegg when you buy some of the rosewill stuff. some pretty good deals. for anyone interested in mechanical keyboards, this is a ridiculously good deal. cherry mx reds are near impossible to find in the states, and if you can find a full keyboard of them itll usually run you around 200 bucks. rosewill's keyboards are a little questionable, you can see in the reviews that alot of people complain about the spacebar, but paying essentially $70 for a full operating keyboard of reds, even if you only unsolder them and stick them on another board, is a fricken steal.
for jif, since i think he will be the only one interested: weve got blues, if you are still using the xarmor board. the reds are linear with a very low actuation force; most people rate this as perfect for gamers since you can press them so fast.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... llFullInfo

ive never used anything else besides blues so i dont know if i'd even feel a difference, or at least worth it. dont got any spare money right now so it's not even an option, unfortunately.


i do still have my xarmor board and still loving it. the more i use it the more i love it. i think i'll be content with it (and its blues) for a long, long time. if the reds do make that much of a difference it wouldnt even effect me much since i barely game these days, let alone play competitive/serious FPS. the blues are great for typing and i dont mind them in gaming at all

i'm willing to bet that you would feel the difference between blues and reds. i had an extremely difficult time playing on eric's blues from my keyboard now

but wait... you are still on rubber domes, right?
as for jif, red have about no tactile response, no click, no noise, just 40g actuation weight. press, key goes down, bam. the cool part is being able to hyper type, which is pushing the key just barely to the actuation point, then back and forth past it without letting it return to its resting position. it's not necessarily a very good board for typing alot since there is no tactile responce, but it's great for sheer speed.
bacon: get a mechanical board.
Image

User avatar
Bacon
People Know Me
Posts: 1389
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:40 pm

Re: Random Deal Thread

Postby Bacon » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:08 pm

dun dun dun... chips wrote:but wait... you are still on rubber domes, right?
as for jif, red have about no tactile response, no click, no noise, just 40g actuation weight. press, key goes down, bam. the cool part is being able to hyper type, which is pushing the key just barely to the actuation point, then back and forth past it without letting it return to its resting position. it's not necessarily a very good board for typing alot since there is no tactile responce, but it's great for sheer speed.
bacon: get a mechanical board.

blah blah blah bacon spend more money blah blah blah :P


Return to “The Pawn Shop”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest