WTT BF:BC2 for CoD:MW2

Down here at the pawn shop... Buy, sell, and trade your unused PC parts and other items collecting dust. Who knows, someone else here may need your junk! Posting online deals are also encouraged.
Darkfoxx
Site Admin

WTT BF:BC2 for CoD:MW2

Postby Darkfoxx » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:55 pm

Yup...just puttin' it out there.
Gaming:
Workstation:

dun dun dun... chips
Papes

Postby dun dun dun... chips » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:15 pm

hahaha... nice try man.
im to poor for either... :|

Tanis Half Elf
Is Kind Of A Big Deal

Postby Tanis Half Elf » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:45 pm

You're silly.

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:39 am

Tanis Half Elf wrote:You're silly.

Meh. I just like the style of CoD opposed to BF. I want to kill someone with 1-2 bullets when I'm aiming point blank, and not 30+ like in BF.
Gaming:
Workstation:

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:59 am

Darkfoxx wrote:
Tanis Half Elf wrote:You're silly.

Meh. I just like the style of CoD opposed to BF. I want to kill someone with 1-2 bullets when I'm aiming point blank, and not 30+ like in BF.

in hardcore it's 1-3 bullets for most guns, 2-3 for SMGs/pistols. when you unload point blank and dont kill them, it has to do with their shitty hit detection and/or shitty netcode. if you look at the damage #s, guns have damage fall-off over distance. <~30m most guns hit with their full potential, which means many are >30 dmg per shit. with 50 HP in HC and 62.5 with the armor perk, most guns will down someone in close range in 1-3 hits.

the problem is the ultra-shitty hit detection and netcode. from what i understand, the netcode is completely fucked. since the server handles all bullet physics, there is extra latency when shooting. also, when you have high ping, your fired shots register before the shots fired at you...RETARDED. there are videos of people intentionally skyrocketing their ping and being almost untouchable. have you ever shot at a lagger repeatedly only to have him right straight at you from 20 meters and knife you in the face? yea that's the grand netcode at work.

also, hit detection isnt much better. even without latency as an issue, ive fired plenty of shots through my sniper that look dead-on that miss. there are some invisible walls, especially around rocks, debris, and railings, but guns with high bullet penetration will still hit through them which for my examples they do not. also, there are MANY videos of the player shooting running enemies, aiming dead-on at close range, seeing blood splatter behind them, and not getting hit indicators. on the flip side, ive sniped a lot of people when i know my aim was off, and im not talking 1 mile shots, but medium range, under 50m where with the normal 8x scope you can aim at specific body parts. i think the empty area above the shoulders next to the head that counts as part of the body b/c i routinely miss headshots to the sides and get kills.

anyway, the end problem is the same. it's been this way since the beta. it seems like it takes 4-5 shots even in HC to down someone. it really only takes 1-4, with 2-3 the average at about 15m, but the netcode and hit boxes are seriously fuxored.

i think once you get a little higher level and unlock red dot sights it might make it a little better. i'd suggest playing assault or medic and unlocking most of the class before making a final judgement. the game in beta was really boring until i had a choice of a few weapons, the red dot, and basic perks. even without things like magnum ammo and perks over rank 9 it was much more enjoyable. the red dot is my favorite weapon mod for assault and medic and i sue it for engi a lot as well and it increases my aim dramatically.

in order to trade BC2 you'll need to give whomever your EA account, which could include other games on it.

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:06 am

Jif wrote:in order to trade BC2 you'll need to give whomever your EA account, which could include other games on it.

I made a new one for this game I think.

I'm not saying I won't be playing this game, but if someone has MW2 and wants to trade...the offer is here. Otherwise, I'll just keep playing this game until I elbow my monitor.

The netcode/hit detection is absolutely atrocious. It's just like BF 1942...nothing has changed since then.
Gaming:
Workstation:

dun dun dun... chips
Papes

Postby dun dun dun... chips » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:18 am

Darkfoxx wrote:Otherwise, I'll just keep playing this game until I elbow my monitor.

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE

hey, that game sounds really fun, i might have to play on dial-up and rape face.

also, i know what you should do, foxx: play global agenda/plain sight with me!

Return to “The Pawn Shop”