Random Video Thread

A wonderful collection of pictures, movies, games and audio from across the interweb, as well as user generated content.
Postulio
Is Kind Of A Big Deal

Re: Random Video Thread

Postby Postulio » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:42 pm

dun dun dun... chips wrote:
Harness wrote:A great idea, not that big oil would ever allow it's country to utilize but a great idea none the less.

doesnt matter how amazingly awesome this could/will be, america will be the last to adopt it.

They're currently building a span of test road. Our mindset as a species has really gone to shit. We've become so introverted that the only thing that seems to matter to us in this day and age is an archaic principal of currency which only further causes problems on the planet. Kids don't learn about cultivation or the environment around them to any capacity these days. We value the human ideas we have created and replicated through centuries that only serves to further infatuate our own ego. While we do this we are literally destroying the ground we stand on. These roads would be an excellent step in the right direction by reducing the amount of waste and green house gasses that are produced on a daily basis.

Now if only we can push hemp paper and ban tree based products that would ultimately become obsolete due to the advantage of hemp. We wouldn't need to cut down, really, the only thing that supports life on this planet. Our relationship with our planet isn't symbiotic anymore, its parasitic.

dun dun dun... chips
Papes

Postby dun dun dun... chips » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:37 pm

Postulio wrote:Our relationship with our planet isn't symbiotic anymore, its parasitic.

Harness
Da Bumble

Postby Harness » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:32 pm

Postulio wrote:Our relationship with our planet isn't symbiotic anymore, its parasitic.
I type a bunch of shit then people go fuk themselves

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:08 pm

Harness
Da Bumble

Postby Harness » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:19 pm

The show is Silicon Valley and it's on after Game of Thrones, or at least was until it's season finale this past Sunday. If you haven't watched it, I highly recommend that you do.

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:46 am

Harness wrote:The show is Silicon Valley and it's on after Game of Thrones, or at least was until it's season finale this past Sunday. If you haven't watched it, I highly recommend that you do.

ive caught a few episodes and like it. It's from Mike Judge

Harness
Da Bumble

Postby Harness » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:46 am

I thought I had posted two clips. Guess I failed. Here's the second:

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:28 pm

Jif wrote:
Harness wrote:The show is Silicon Valley and it's on after Game of Thrones, or at least was until it's season finale this past Sunday. If you haven't watched it, I highly recommend that you do.

Just noticed what clip you posted. This was great. Possibly one of the best bits of a tv show ive ever seen. it cuts out too soon though. they end up busting down his door to make sure he's OK and hes just coding away listening to house music with his headphones on. The next scene has him waking up and leaving his room to prepare for his presentation, has the door fall in his face, and he shrugs it off like NBD. All the other coders are still in the common room, passed out after having stayed up all night working on the jerk off equation. It's brilliant.

fucking love mike judge. from the show's wikipedia page:
Production
After Mike Judge graduated from UCSD with a degree in physics, his first job was as a programmer working on the F-18 fighter. In 1987 he moved to the Silicon Valley region of Northern California and joined Parallax, a startup video card company with about 40 employees. Judge disliked the company's culture and his colleagues ("The people I met were like Stepford Wives. They were true believers in something, and I don't know what it was") and quit after less than three months, but the experience gave him the background to later create a show about the region's people and companies.

Harness
Da Bumble

Postby Harness » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:16 pm

Jif wrote:
Jif wrote:

Just noticed what clip you posted. This was great. Possibly one of the best bits of a tv show ive ever seen. it cuts out too soon though. they end up busting down his door to make sure he's OK and hes just coding away listening to house music with his headphones on. The next scene has him waking up and leaving his room to prepare for his presentation, has the door fall in his face, and he shrugs it off like NBD. All the other coders are still in the common room, passed out after having stayed up all night working on the jerk off equation. It's brilliant.

Production
After Mike Judge graduated from UCSD with a degree in physics, his first job was as a programmer working on the F-18 fighter. In 1987 he moved to the Silicon Valley region of Northern California and joined Parallax, a startup video card company with about 40 employees. Judge disliked the company's culture and his colleagues ("The people I met were like Stepford Wives. They were true believers in something, and I don't know what it was") and quit after less than three months, but the experience gave him the background to later create a show about the region's people and companies.

When everyone was being a Game of Thrones toolbag and acting all shocked by what happened and taking to the internet to be all "that was the coolest thing ever", I was ROFL at the mathematics in finding out the quickest way to jerk off 800 dudes. My experience in entertainment was far greater then theirs that night.

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:02 am

Harness wrote:
Jif wrote:
Jif wrote:

Production

When everyone was being a Game of Thrones toolbag and acting all shocked by what happened and taking to the internet to be all "that was the coolest thing ever", I was ROFL at the mathematics in finding out the quickest way to jerk off 800 dudes. My experience in entertainment was far greater then theirs that night.

i watched both, so fuck you

Fist of the eskimo
Canadian Ambassador

Postby Fist of the eskimo » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:10 pm

Harness wrote:A great idea, not that big oil would ever allow it's country to utilize but a great idea none the less.

doesnt matter how amazingly awesome this could/will be, america will be the last to adopt it.

Let me know how that metric system works out

Harness
Da Bumble

Postby Harness » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:54 pm

Fist of the eskimo wrote:

Let me know how that metric system works out

Who are you again?

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:52 pm

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:55 am

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:40 am

For bums:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 5901075111

Vid was sent to me as mobile site, and i couldnt figure out how to load the full site.

Return to “The Arts”