Random Film Thread

A wonderful collection of pictures, movies, games and audio from across the interweb, as well as user generated content.
User avatar
Postulio
Is Kind Of A Big Deal
Posts: 978
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: CHI
Contact:

Random Film Thread

Postby Postulio » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:35 pm

The Random Film Thread is different from the Random Video thread, because short clips and funny videos are mainly what is posted there.

The Random Film thread is actually for short films that are created by fan bases. I figured, since, there are some amazing videos done for games that we all play and enjoy that some people might enjoy sharing or watching some of those.

The Requirements are any videos that have:
1. Some sort of story
2. Reflect on a Game, movie, song (not music video), or other forms of story telling media

Also if you could post a small description of the film you are posting (How recent it is, what media its referring to, what you may like about it, etc.)

I know some might not play games that others do and vice versa. However, please try and appreciate what each person is trying to show others who might be interested.
Image

User avatar
Postulio
Is Kind Of A Big Deal
Posts: 978
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: CHI
Contact:

Re: Random Film Thread

Postby Postulio » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:37 pm

This is Tortuga Lacrimosa

It is an Eve fan video from about 4-5 years ago. It reflects on actual player made events in Eve, where the most powerful player corporation in Eve hired Mercenary Coalition to take out their opponents Goonswarm and Red Alliance. Things were looking good until Merc Coalition decided not to fight for their employer any more.

Image

User avatar
Postulio
Is Kind Of A Big Deal
Posts: 978
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: CHI
Contact:

Re: Random Film Thread

Postby Postulio » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:39 pm

Portal: No Escape

This by far has to be one of my favorite fan films for a video game so far. The lack of dialogue, special effects and excellent soundtrack make this a very compelling Portal video. I enjoy what this filmmaker has done and look forward to his work in the future.

Image

User avatar
Jif
Jimmy Jams
Posts: 6894
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:49 am

Re: Random Film Thread

Postby Jif » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:37 pm

Postulio wrote:Portal: No Escape

This by far has to be one of my favorite fan films for a video game so far. The lack of dialogue, special effects and excellent soundtrack make this a very compelling Portal video. I enjoy what this filmmaker has done and look forward to his work in the future.


is this the same one that was posted a few months ago? that was fucking awesome

User avatar
Darkfoxx
Site Admin
Posts: 9640
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:09 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA
Contact:

Re: Random Film Thread

Postby Darkfoxx » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:09 pm

Jif wrote:
Postulio wrote:Portal: No Escape

This by far has to be one of my favorite fan films for a video game so far. The lack of dialogue, special effects and excellent soundtrack make this a very compelling Portal video. I enjoy what this filmmaker has done and look forward to his work in the future.

is this the same one that was posted a few months ago? that was fucking awesome

Yeah it's awesome.
Gaming:
Image
Workstation:
Image

User avatar
Jif
Jimmy Jams
Posts: 6894
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:49 am

Re: Random Film Thread

Postby Jif » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:19 pm


User avatar
Jif
Jimmy Jams
Posts: 6894
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:49 am

Re: Random Film Thread

Postby Jif » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:53 pm

HOLY SHIT:
http://www.fandango.com/manofsteel_136725/movieoverview

i think someone posted this earlier...but wow. look at the names...Zack Snyder/Chris Nolan, Kevin Costner, Laurence Fishburne, Amy Adams, Diane Lane, and Russell Crowe...

Zack Snyder + Christopher Nolan combined means this is gonna be an epic movie.

User avatar
Jif
Jimmy Jams
Posts: 6894
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:49 am

Re: Random Film Thread

Postby Jif » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:57 pm

http://www.jurassicpark.com/

OMFG i cant wait for this. Got tickets for Friday in IMAX 3D... HOLY SHIT. One of my favorite books, one of my favorite movies, and now in MUTHAFUCKIN' IMAX. George Lucas' 3D company did the 3D and the audio was remastered/mixed. Early reviewers on RT.com are saying the audio is ridiculous in a good theater. Ive been wetting myself like a preteen girl sitting on a dryer for the first time since i saw the poster for this 2 months ago.

User avatar
Jif
Jimmy Jams
Posts: 6894
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:49 am

Re: Random Film Thread

Postby Jif » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:28 pm

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/riddick ... /11177389/

I love the Riddick movies despite how bad they are. Guilty pleasure, if you will.

User avatar
dun dun dun... chips
Papes
Posts: 3287
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:08 pm
Location: WOOOOOO
Contact:

Re: Random Film Thread

Postby dun dun dun... chips » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:06 pm

Jif wrote:YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/riddick ... /11177389/

I love the Riddick movies despite how bad they are. Guilty pleasure, if you will.

agreed!
Image

User avatar
Jif
Jimmy Jams
Posts: 6894
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:49 am

Re: Random Film Thread

Postby Jif » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:40 pm


User avatar
Jif
Jimmy Jams
Posts: 6894
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:49 am

Re: Random Film Thread

Postby Jif » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:16 pm

holy WTF. I didn't know who Adam Baldwin was besides Alec's brother. Turns out he's in fucking everything that's awesome:
Full Metal Jacket (1987), Predator 2 (1990), Independence Day (1996), The Patriot (2000) and Serenity (2005), Firefly, The X-Files, HL2:EP2, Halo 3, Mass Effect 2.

User avatar
Harness
Da Bumble
Posts: 2069
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:13 pm

Re: Random Film Thread

Postby Harness » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:58 pm

Jif wrote:holy WTF. I didn't know who Adam Baldwin was besides Alec's brother. Turns out he's in fucking everything that's awesome:
Full Metal Jacket (1987), Predator 2 (1990), Independence Day (1996), The Patriot (2000) and Serenity (2005), Firefly, The X-Files, HL2:EP2, Halo 3, Mass Effect 2.



Everything thats awesome?????

The only good movie on that list is Full Metal..... all the rest sucked balls
I type a bunch of shit then people go fuk themselves

User avatar
Darkfoxx
Site Admin
Posts: 9640
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:09 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA
Contact:

Re: Random Film Thread

Postby Darkfoxx » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:13 pm

Harness wrote:
Jif wrote:holy WTF. I didn't know who Adam Baldwin was besides Alec's brother. Turns out he's in fucking everything that's awesome:
Full Metal Jacket (1987), Predator 2 (1990), Independence Day (1996), The Patriot (2000) and Serenity (2005), Firefly, The X-Files, HL2:EP2, Halo 3, Mass Effect 2.



Everything thats awesome?????

The only good movie on that list is Full Metal..... all the rest sucked balls

Ditto
Gaming:
Image
Workstation:
Image

User avatar
Jif
Jimmy Jams
Posts: 6894
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:49 am

Re: Random Film Thread

Postby Jif » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:45 pm

Darkfoxx wrote:
Harness wrote:
Jif wrote:holy WTF. I didn't know who Adam Baldwin was besides Alec's brother. Turns out he's in fucking everything that's awesome:
Full Metal Jacket (1987), Predator 2 (1990), Independence Day (1996), The Patriot (2000) and Serenity (2005), Firefly, The X-Files, HL2:EP2, Halo 3, Mass Effect 2.



Everything thats awesome?????

The only good movie on that list is Full Metal..... all the rest sucked balls

Ditto

Independence Day was great. The Patriot was good. Serenity was the Firefly movie so enough said. Plus he does video games...he's tits.


Return to “The Arts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests