Your Dream Car(s)

Talk about buying cars, fixing them, and everything in between.
User avatar
Harness
Da Bumble
Posts: 2069
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:13 pm

Re: Your Dream Car(s)

Postby Harness » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:25 pm

Darkfoxx wrote:Guess who bought a Z4?

THIS GUY! I was able to get $9,500 for my car at a BMW dealer.

I'll post pics tomorrow!!! :D

Jif wrote:$6k seems a little low but i wouldnt expect more than 8. you could probably talk them into better financing or better trade-in-value if you show them you're ready to buy.

That's what I did after I got back from my mechanic who checked out the Z4. I was like "Give me $10,000 and I'll buy this today", then he comes back and offers 9,500. I was satisfied...since the other two places offered $6,000.



I'm assuming he found nothing wrong?

BTW Gratz dude. Just don't end up with a Jif's device on it!
I type a bunch of shit then people go fuk themselves

User avatar
Darkfoxx
Site Admin
Posts: 9654
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:09 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA
Contact:

Re: Your Dream Car(s)

Postby Darkfoxx » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:26 pm

Harness wrote:I'm assuming he found nothing wrong?

Nope. Just that body work was done and there was nothing structurally wrong. The A/C needs a recharge. Nothing was wrong mechanically.

Here's some pics until I take some real ones tomorrow:
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.js ... f=national
Gaming:
Image
Workstation:
Image

User avatar
Jif
Jimmy Jams
Posts: 6896
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:49 am

Re: Your Dream Car(s)

Postby Jif » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:33 pm

Darkfoxx wrote:
Harness wrote:I'm assuming he found nothing wrong?

Nope. Just that body work was done and there was nothing structurally wrong. The A/C needs a recharge. Nothing was wrong mechanically.

Here's some pics until I take some real ones tomorrow:
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.js ... f=national

fucking pimp. i liked the silver better but the auburn or w/e is nice too.

User avatar
Harness
Da Bumble
Posts: 2069
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:13 pm

Re: Your Dream Car(s)

Postby Harness » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:38 pm

Aww it was in an accident. In all honesty thats better then something thats being sold as a repo. Those people who get repo'ed always totally ignore maintenance.


Use synthetic engine oil and keep your tires rotated. Sold a dude driving one of those cars cheapo tires the other day for 150.00 a piece.

Be ready to spend a lot on maintenance. Brakes all around will set you back about a thousand dollars (if you don't supply your own parts) as you almost never can save the rotors.
I type a bunch of shit then people go fuk themselves

User avatar
Darkfoxx
Site Admin
Posts: 9654
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:09 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA
Contact:

Re: Your Dream Car(s)

Postby Darkfoxx » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:07 am

Jif wrote:fucking pimp. i liked the silver better but the auburn or w/e is nice too.

I liked this color more when I saw it in person.

Another thing to note: almost everyone who drives a Z4 around here has it in silver or black...so I'm being unique.

Harness wrote:Aww it was in an accident. In all honesty thats better then something thats being sold as a repo. Those people who get repo'ed always totally ignore maintenance.

Use synthetic engine oil and keep your tires rotated. Sold a dude driving one of those cars cheapo tires the other day for 150.00 a piece.

Be ready to spend a lot on maintenance. Brakes all around will set you back about a thousand dollars (if you don't supply your own parts) as you almost never can save the rotors.

Yeah, that's why I took it to my mechanic to have it looked at. The only damage was the body work, and he said that whoever fixed it did a really nice job.

I'll take note of your tips. Thanks! They just put new tires on it, thankfully.
Gaming:
Image
Workstation:
Image

User avatar
Centari
Is Kind Of A Big Deal
Posts: 882
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:33 pm

Re: Your Dream Car(s)

Postby Centari » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:17 am

I can't believe I never saw this thread, this is my bread and butter, well, here I go.

If I had any amount of money I would have....

Image

A Nissan GTR Spec V

Or....

Image

A mint condition Toyota Supra

Car that I want to realistically own before age 30....

Image

Subaru Impreza WRX STI

And the next car I will buy after my current one is driven into the ground....

Image

A Subaru Impreza WRX (Basically a newer version of my current car with a 2.5 turbo engine instead of the 2.0 i have currently which brings it to a respectable 265 hp)


Yes, I realize that they are all Japanese, so suck it, Justin.
Image

User avatar
dun dun dun... chips
Papes
Posts: 3287
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:08 pm
Location: WOOOOOO
Contact:

Re: Your Dream Car(s)

Postby dun dun dun... chips » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:20 am

Centari wrote:A Nissan GTR Spec V

...

Yes, I realize that they are all Japanese, so suck it, Justin.

dude, that car is fricken sweet.
and hey man, most of the cars i want are japanese, too.
Image

User avatar
Postulio
Is Kind Of A Big Deal
Posts: 978
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: CHI
Contact:

Re: Your Dream Car(s)

Postby Postulio » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:33 am

This is mah dream car.....



........ <.<............. >.>.......... I know its not real and will probably never happen :'(
Image


Return to “The Garage”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest