Might be bying a car

Talk about buying cars, fixing them, and everything in between.
Elric of the void
Site Admin

Re: Might be bying a car

Postby Elric of the void » Tue May 03, 2011 11:16 am

Jif wrote:fuck 100k? really? thats fucking nothing...POS foreign cars!

Just certain makes and models, like all car manufacturers, some just don't play nice especially when they near 100k

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Tue May 03, 2011 12:58 pm

Elric of the void wrote:
Jif wrote:fuck 100k? really? thats fucking nothing...POS foreign cars!

Just certain makes and models, like all car manufacturers, some just don't play nice especially when they near 100k

i wasnt the one that said 100k was a lot for European cars... if thats a generalization i can make one right back

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Tue May 03, 2011 1:58 pm

100k is different on a Euro car than an American car. When it comes time to replace certain parts on a Euro car (that may be cheap as shit on an American car), the parts are 2-3x more expensive.
Gaming:
Workstation:

Harness
Da Bumble

Postby Harness » Tue May 03, 2011 8:25 pm

Jif wrote:i thought euro cars were supposed to be some of the finest-crafted automobiles in the world??? 100k is nothing for a ford or chevy...at all. my dad's ford van has 220k+ on it and it's gas and hasnt had any issues at all besides normal wear and tear. my grand prix se v6 had ~175k when i crashed it and it had no major issues before. think we changed the shocks and breaks @ 150k.

fuck 100k? really? thats fucking nothing...POS foreign cars!

They can and will run forever but it's gonna cost you big time. Once you get over 100k in a euro you better always have cash on hand because all of that precision from Europe costs tons to maintain.
I type a bunch of shit then people go fuk themselves

Postulio
Is Kind Of A Big Deal

Postby Postulio » Tue May 03, 2011 9:01 pm

I am not a fan of the Boxter at all. My dad got rid of his turbo, though, because the seats were straight up uncomfortable and the smallest pieces in the car cost a crap load to replace.

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Wed May 04, 2011 11:28 am

Postulio wrote:I am not a fan of the Boxter at all. My dad got rid of his turbo, though, because the seats were straight up uncomfortable and the smallest pieces in the car cost a crap load to replace.

well my dad can do practically all labor on anything i'd get. he's not a car mechanic so he doesnt know the specifics or quirkiness of most vehicles but has the tools and knowledge to fix anything. plus there are haye's books, google, and Harness for a reason :D. so price of parts is what is most important, and for that he has a good friend that runs an advanced auto and gives us employee discount.

Return to “The Garage”