New Wheels

Talk about buying cars, fixing them, and everything in between.
User avatar
Darkfoxx
Site Admin
Posts: 9640
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:09 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA
Contact:

New Wheels

Postby Darkfoxx » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:21 am

Buying summer wheels (to use with my summer tires) for the Zed fo...looking for ideas.

I really like these: http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelClo ... sort=Brand
I'd really like them to have a removable center logo like those do. (it'll say "Accepts O.E. center cap ")

You can click this and view all the wheels for my car (17", 225/45-17): http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/results. ... sort=Brand

...and you can also view each wheel on my car by clicking whatever it tells you to.


I also plan on getting ceramic brakes and new rotors at some point in the next few months.
http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brakes.j ... ramic+Pads
Gaming:
Image
Workstation:
Image

User avatar
Jif
Jimmy Jams
Posts: 6894
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:49 am

Re: New Wheels

Postby Jif » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:24 pm

Darkfoxx wrote:Buying summer wheels (to use with my summer tires) for the Zed fo...looking for ideas.

I really like these: http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelClo ... sort=Brand
I'd really like them to have a removable center logo like those do. (it'll say "Accepts O.E. center cap ")

You can click this and view all the wheels for my car (17", 225/45-17): http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/results. ... sort=Brand

...and you can also view each wheel on my car by clicking whatever it tells you to.


I also plan on getting ceramic brakes and new rotors at some point in the next few months.
http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brakes.j ... ramic+Pads


http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelClo ... sort=Brand

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelClo ... sort=Brand

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelClo ... sort=Brand

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelClo ... sort=Brand

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelClo ... sort=Brand

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelClo ... sort=Brand

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelClo ... sort=Brand

User avatar
Darkfoxx
Site Admin
Posts: 9640
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:09 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA
Contact:

Re: New Wheels

Postby Darkfoxx » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:36 pm

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelClo ... sort=Brand

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelClo ... sort=Brand
Those two are pretty hot.

The rest are meh. I don't want all black wheels...they'll look like ass with my car color. The other chrome ones seem tacky.

If you look at the model I posted, you'll see how the surface area would be easy to clean. I don't want anything super detailed that takes hours to clean. The ceramic brakes will reduce some brake dust, but there still will be some.
Gaming:
Image
Workstation:
Image

User avatar
Jif
Jimmy Jams
Posts: 6894
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:49 am

Re: New Wheels

Postby Jif » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:02 pm

Darkfoxx wrote:http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=414770742BMF&wheelMake=Platinum&wheelModel=Cloak&wheelFinish=Machined+w%2FBlack+Accent&showRear=no&autoMake=BMW&autoModel=Z4+2.5I&autoYear=2004&autoModClar=&filterFinish=All&filterSize=17&filterBrand=All&filterSpecial=false&filterNew=All&filterWeight=All&sort=Brand

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelClo ... sort=Brand
Those two are pretty hot.

The rest are meh. I don't want all black wheels...they'll look like ass with my car color. The other chrome ones seem tacky.

If you look at the model I posted, you'll see how the surface area would be easy to clean. I don't want anything super detailed that takes hours to clean. The ceramic brakes will reduce some brake dust, but there still will be some.


the more i see those Cloaks the more i like them

User avatar
Darkfoxx
Site Admin
Posts: 9640
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:09 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA
Contact:

Re: New Wheels

Postby Darkfoxx » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:13 pm

Jif wrote:the more i see those Cloaks the more i like them

They're beautiful. My only concern is the small spaces between the spokes...seems like a bitch.
Gaming:
Image
Workstation:
Image

User avatar
Jif
Jimmy Jams
Posts: 6894
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:49 am

Re: New Wheels

Postby Jif » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:40 pm

Darkfoxx wrote:
Jif wrote:the more i see those Cloaks the more i like them

They're beautiful. My only concern is the small spaces between the spokes...seems like a bitch.

no youre being a bitch. how often do you clean your wheels, every day? how long's it take?? it's like 5 minutes total to clean all 4 wheels with the right cleaner and sponge/brush and that includes waiting a minute for the cleaner to work.

User avatar
Darkfoxx
Site Admin
Posts: 9640
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:09 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA
Contact:

Re: New Wheels

Postby Darkfoxx » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:52 pm

Jif wrote:no youre being a bitch. how often do you clean your wheels, every day? how long's it take?? it's like 5 minutes total to clean all 4 wheels with the right cleaner and sponge/brush and that includes waiting a minute for the cleaner to work.

In the summer I was washing my car every 2 weeks or so. It's doable, and I like the wheels...just sayin'.
Gaming:
Image
Workstation:
Image

User avatar
Darkfoxx
Site Admin
Posts: 9640
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:09 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA
Contact:

Re: New Wheels

Postby Darkfoxx » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:23 am

These are hot: http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelClo ... =DiscountR

Reminds me of M3 wheels.
Gaming:
Image
Workstation:
Image

User avatar
Jif
Jimmy Jams
Posts: 6894
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:49 am

Re: New Wheels

Postby Jif » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:50 am

so ive been fed up with my all-season tires for a while now. they are GREAT in the raid/snow, which is why i bought them - i couldnt tap the gas even slightly in moderate rain or snow without spinning out and almost got hit a handful of times - but they SUCK in hot, dry conditions. so i randomly sat down and picked out some summer tires on tirerack. then i realized i could buy wheels like the j-man was doing and swap them myself. so yea i went from having no inclination to spending money on anything to purchasing $1400 worth of wheels and tires in the span of about 20 minutes.

current tires: [url=http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=Altimax+HP&partnum=25HR6AMAXHP]general altimax hp
[/url]stock rims

new tires: Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110
new rims: Ultra Hustler Machined
front and rear are slightly different size. i think rear is a little wider. here's them on my stang: http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/MiniWhee ... ue&sw=1280
the blacks accent model looks cool but i like these a little better.

User avatar
Darkfoxx
Site Admin
Posts: 9640
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:09 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA
Contact:

Re: New Wheels

Postby Darkfoxx » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:34 pm

Damn dude, those are some sexy wheels. :thumbsup:
Gaming:
Image
Workstation:
Image

User avatar
Jif
Jimmy Jams
Posts: 6894
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:49 am

Re: New Wheels

Postby Jif » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:29 pm

oh forgot to mention 2 things. cant seem to get the url of my current tires to work. 1- apparently phpBB/our mod doesnt like java script query links. 2- oem wheels/tires are 16". went with 18s with the new setup. 20s were too expensive.

User avatar
Jif
Jimmy Jams
Posts: 6894
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:49 am

Re: New Wheels

Postby Jif » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:08 pm

so i hijacked this thread and now i'll complete it with pics:
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Darkfoxx
Site Admin
Posts: 9640
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:09 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA
Contact:

Re: New Wheels

Postby Darkfoxx » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:13 pm

Duuuuude! Those are hot as shit. :thumbsup:
Gaming:
Image
Workstation:
Image

User avatar
Darkfoxx
Site Admin
Posts: 9640
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:09 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA
Contact:

Re: New Wheels

Postby Darkfoxx » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:29 pm

Turns out I need new brake pads. The fronts are down to the sensor and the rears have 1mm left.

Ordering the following...
Pads: http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brakes.j ... toModClar=
Rotors: http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brakes.j ... toModClar=

Gonna hold off on the new wheels unless I magically find some money. I need to have Mike put my summer tires on ASAP.
Gaming:
Image
Workstation:
Image

User avatar
Harness
Da Bumble
Posts: 2069
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:13 pm

Re: New Wheels

Postby Harness » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:18 am

Darkfoxx wrote:Turns out I need new brake pads. The fronts are down to the sensor and the rears have 1mm left.

Ordering the following...
Pads: http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brakes.j ... toModClar=
Rotors: http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brakes.j ... toModClar=

Gonna hold off on the new wheels unless I magically find some money. I need to have Mike put my summer tires on ASAP.



Brembo makes good stuff. I never heard of the pads you ordered. Sure you don't want to put something ceramic that might be more common? These pads don't come with wear sensors. If you "brake lining low" warning indicator was on then you need to replace them. Also, if the light for your lining is on and you replace the sensors then you need to find out if you have one per axle or one for each and every wheel...... Welcome to the wonderful world of BMW!
I type a bunch of shit then people go fuk themselves


Return to “The Garage”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest