New Wheels

Talk about buying cars, fixing them, and everything in between.
Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Re: New Wheels

Postby Darkfoxx » Thu May 05, 2011 5:10 pm

Fuck yeah. :headbang:

Called my BMW service place and they'll install my new brakes and rotors for $397.60. The guy had to make a special exception because he said they usually don't install customer-provided parts (durr that's how they make money), but since I'm awesome they'll do it...and I get a free loaner car again, which is an absolute necessity.

They initially quoted me about $1100 (parts & labor) to install the shitty, dusty-ass OEM brake pads and rotors...LOL! So, I paid 423.38 on Tirerack for the parts and 397.60 for labor = $820.98. RAPE! And I'm getting the best ceramics and rotors.
Gaming:
Workstation:

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Thu May 05, 2011 5:13 pm

Darkfoxx wrote:Fuck yeah. :headbang:

Called my BMW service place and they'll install my new brakes and rotors for $397.60. The guy had to make a special exception because he said they usually don't install customer-provided parts (durr that's how they make money), but since I'm awesome they'll do it...and I get a free loaner car again, which is an absolute necessity.

They initially quoted me about $1100 (parts & labor) to install the shitty, dusty-ass OEM brake pads and rotors...LOL! So, I paid 423.38 on Tirerack for the parts and 397.60 for labor = $820.98. RAPE! And I'm getting the best ceramics and rotors.

fuck thats still a lot of money

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Thu May 05, 2011 5:53 pm

Jif wrote:fuck thats still a lot of money

Yeah, but until Mike learns this shit I gotta pay up. I'd replace this shit myself if I had my tools and a garage.
Gaming:
Workstation:

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Wed May 11, 2011 4:15 pm

Wewt! Akebono ceramic pads and Brembo rotors installed. Also got new brake sensors installed.

Bumble, what's the gold shit they put all over the brake pads?

akebono.jpg
akebono.jpg (378.56 KiB) Viewed 2159 times

brembo.jpg
brembo.jpg (325 KiB) Viewed 2159 times

All I need now is to have Mike put my summer tires on and I'll be all set for a while... :thumbsup:
Gaming:
Workstation:

Harness
Da Bumble

Postby Harness » Wed May 11, 2011 7:17 pm

Darkfoxx wrote:
Bumble, what's the gold shit they put all over the brake pads?

It's either brake grease or special shit designed to prevent squeaks and squeals. A lot of people put stuff like that on the back of the pad but on high quality parts it isn't really necessary.
I type a bunch of shit then people go fuk themselves

Return to “The Garage”