OBD Code

Talk about buying cars, fixing them, and everything in between.
Harness
Da Bumble

Re: OBD Code

Postby Harness » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:02 pm

Darkfoxx wrote:I'm ordering the parts today since the date is quickly approaching. I figured you'd do this on Wednesday Aug 1st in the evening?

I'm getting this:
http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-1906- ... ngine.aspx

And two of these:
http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-1474- ... n-jug.aspx

I was asking my BMW niggas over at the BMW forums I go to and they had a few tips, which you may know or not:

you'll need a 10mm, 11mm, and 13mm socket. Make sure you bleed the system by opening the relief valve (phillips head beside the radiator cap, under the radiator cowl). Run the car for a few minutes with the heat on. BE CAREFUL AROUND THE ALUMINUM RADIATOR- it damages easily and is very expensive. Same goes for the fan... $600. The radiator support bracket makes this job a bit more interesting.

And about the coolant:
diluted 50/50 with distilled water

Do you have distilled water at the shop or do I have to bring some? BUMBSSSSSSSSSs!!!

Fuck this shit cost me $115.98. Fucking BMW.

You don't need distilled water, that's a bunch on nonsense. The only thing it helps to do is raise the boiling point of the coolant. If you get your coolant hot enough to boil with regular water, you best pull over anyway or your engine is about to be toast. Some people say the minerals in normal water degrade the cooling system faster then distilled, I say their full of shit. I have easily done 5,000 jobs related to cooling systems and never once used distilled water.

Wednesday should be just fine. The job takes about an hour all in all to get done and I've done these before.
I type a bunch of shit then people go fuk themselves

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:52 pm

LOL, so the package was just near your shop...shoulda just sent it there :lol:

Horsham, PA, United States 07/24/2012 10:55 A.M. Arrival Scan
Gaming:
Workstation:

Harness
Da Bumble

Postby Harness » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:43 pm

Darkfoxx wrote:LOL, so the package was just near your shop...shoulda just sent it there :lol:

Horsham, PA, United States 07/24/2012 10:55 A.M. Arrival Scan

If it said BMW on the box I would have thrown it away, like all things with that name should be.
I type a bunch of shit then people go fuk themselves

Return to “The Garage”