C# try/catch help

Need help with your code? Post it here and we'll try our best to help.
dun dun dun... chips
Papes

Postby dun dun dun... chips » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:32 pm

hm. that is very strange. get back to me if you find what happened. i cant say im experienced enough to help.

and yeah, so ive heard, but i still to unix programming, obj-c, c, java (even though java blows) some web design, scripting. never been a fan of vb, its not... idk. just never gone for it. and c# isnt c, its microsofts programming language, and its got some things about it that drive me up the wall. im a pretty picky coder though, so i have to give it credit where credit is due.

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:03 am

whats the program supposed to do

Tanis Half Elf
Is Kind Of A Big Deal

Postby Tanis Half Elf » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:10 pm

chips: What I am gonna do is my group member has a backup copy of the program, and the print works on the older code.
So, I am going to transfer the code over and the print "should" still work.

regarding Jif: This program is a semester long project. It is a virtual notecard program. You can create new virtual
notecards and open them for viewing. We have the answer to the question hidden and when you click on show
answer the answer appears. You can also delete, edit, these note cards all in a very user friendly interface. We are
also having a printer feature which is what I'm working on now. I also did the hide/show answer and the edite/delete features.

I have looked into other programs like this and there aren't really any. The other programs are extremely lame and hard to work.
They really don't do what they are supposed to. I am looking at marketing this thing over the summer, but it doesn't look
like an easy task. Not sure whether to sell it, or make it freeware and accept donations. Support and upgraded versions will be an issue.

Here is the main window of the program:
[/img]

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:14 pm

that looks like a pretty sweet idea

dun dun dun... chips
Papes

Postby dun dun dun... chips » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:59 pm

are you going to get rid of the try/catch and assume that they have a working printer than or are you going to recode the try/catch?

its a nice looking ui though, seems very friendly.

Tanis Half Elf
Is Kind Of A Big Deal

Postby Tanis Half Elf » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:15 am

You no longer need a try and catch, because i am not allowing
them to print to a printer that is offline or not connected.

Return to “Code Monkeys”