Your personal top10 list

Comments and discussion on any and all topics.
Elric of the void
Site Admin
Your personal top10 list

Postby Elric of the void » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:11 pm

Ok, we've done things like this before but this time lets just go for broke.

Please list your top10 games of all time,
Then, give a reason for each choice as to why it validates its position.

-This is left intentionally blank as this space is currently under reserve for one of two potential titles depending on how they go over, those titles are: Guild Wars 2 or Aion.
2. Guild Wars [PC]
-Free online, greate story, endless hours of fun, to date a shinning example of what a responsive dev team can do for an already great title.
3.Portal [PC]
-This game is the essence of perfection. Greate story telling, amazing design, tedious puzzles. A perfect game. Just sadly a little to short.
4.XGIII: Extreme G Racing [G C]
-The fact this game immerses you into a retinal bleeding speed rush that last 5-10 minutes at a time is something more racing games should aspire to.
5.Unreal Tournament 2k4 [PC]
-If an FPS was ever married better in a competitive environment it would be here instead, amazing attention to detail and quality of the gameplay experience sets this apart.
6.The Dig [PC]
-This game was made back when Lucas Arts still amde top quality games, this is a shinning example of a long lost art, Story Telling, like several others from its day it had it down.
7. Diablo 2 [PC]
-Blizzard set the standard for an Online RPG with this one, hundreds of item drop an open market trade system a robust community it had it all.
8. Team Fortress 2 [PC]
- Would be higher as a top notch FPS but the introduction of RPG element has soured this title for me.
9. Mario Kart: Double Dash [G C]
-The height of the Nintendo racing franchise to date, great mechanics lots of unique and different courses.
10. Virtua On:Oratorio Tangram [DC]
-Sleek fast pace 3d environment, warring giant robots with a great twitch based fighting system.
Last edited by Elric of the void on Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sonic
Site Admin

Postby Sonic » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:44 pm

1-2)UT2K4 flawless.
3-4)GW. Non-shitty pvp in an mmo
5-6)Hearts of Iron 3 (This game will be perfect once they do a few more patches) Having the USA joining the WW2 axis and invading the UK is win.
7-8)TF2 interesting class system
9-10)Fallout 3 fun game is fun
Last edited by Sonic on Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elric of the void
Site Admin

Postby Elric of the void » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:47 pm

Please format correctly.

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:12 pm

LOL at Sonic.

Anyways, here is my list:

1. UT2k4 [PC]
Hands down the best multiplayer FPS experience. I had a lot of fun playing this game competitively with {NS] (which included Sonic and Bacon). Graphics, controls (wall dodge jump!), and community made this game legendary!
2. Delta Force Land Warrior [PC]
This was my first competitive FPS back in 2000, and where I got my "Darkfoxx" name from. Excellent military-style shooter, which IMO still rivals newer FPS games like the COD series...except it was slightly more tactical.
3. Guild Wars [PC]
My first real MMO. My first MMO was Silkroad, but I don't call that a real MMO. The graphics in GDubs were amazing, especially compared to WoW, which was its rival. The PvP was alright, but it got a bit too elitist for me. If GW had integrated a persistent world, it would have assfucked WoW into non-existence. Oh yeah, and it was free to play monthly.
4. TF2 [PC]
What can I say...probably the most anticipated multiplayer FPS in our time, and I do believe it lived up to the hype. Sadly it's going down the wrong path, but I still do enjoy playing it.
5. COD4/COD5 [PC]
I lumped these two together because they're basically the same game, just different time periods. I love the game engine, and I think they did a really nice job with the controls. There are some bugs and issues I have that keep these games from being higher on my list.
6. Max Payne series [PC]
As far as single player FPS'es go, this is the grand poobah of them all. The story is beautifully written and engaging, while the gameplay was revolutionary for its time.
7. HL2 series [PC]
Again, this is an amazing single player FPS. Great story, memorable characters, and edge-of-your-seat action. Valve knows what the fuck they're doing!
8. Fallout 3 [PC]
I originally knocked this game, but after I played it a second time I fell in love with it. I had previously played S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky and really liked the idea of an FPS RPG (which I had never played before). FO3's graphics and story were great, and the endless array of weapons made it even better.
9. Empire Earth 2 [PC]
Another game we used to play in {NS]. I do love a good RTS here and there, but it's gotta be good...and EE2 was good. Too bad EE3 sucked donkey nuts.
10. Need For Speed Underground 2 [PC]
Yet another {NS] game. We had lots of fun playing multiplayer racing over Hamachi VPN. Kamasabi always beat the shit out of us with his godlike steering. The single player wasn't half bad either...

So many more that I love, but can't fit 'em in the list. I changed up my list a bit from the last time we did this.

Honorable mention goes to Duke Nukem 3D [PC], which was my first FPS.

This is the original top 10 topic if any of you need your lists.
forum/viewtopic.php?t=1141&
Gaming:

Workstation:

Wakka Wah
Got Trofum

Postby Wakka Wah » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:54 pm

I) Final Fantasy Tactics (Playstation) - great story, loved the class system, I still try and replay at least once a year using different classes trying to beat it.

II) Guild Wars (PC) - Random Arenas (pre-faction) enough said. Though the game has a great story and doesnt require grind if you dont want it to.

III) Diablo II/LoD (PC) - Liquid Crack, nothing like slaughtering Mephisto on MF runs, or trying to collect every green item set in the game.

IV) Socom II (Playstation 2) - First game I played in a competitive setting. Consumed large amounts of time when I played it. Still fun to load up every now and then and play single player

V) Counter Strike (PC) - First online FPS I played, and still play it. So many different skill levels and mods, every time I play it is different

VI) 007 Golden Eye (N64) - Consumed mine and friends time, great multiplayer combined with a great single player.

VII) Battle Toads (NES) - One of the first games I ever played and still have yet to beat it. Who says newer games today are hard.

VIII) Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (Gameboy) - First nonlinear game to really come out in the mario system, introduced wario, great music. Still play it from time to time.

IX) Pokemon Blue/Red (Gameboy) - Who didnt want to catch them all. Still one of the greatest RPGs I have played to date. Head to head matches up made the game even greater.

X) Bloody Roar III (Playstation 2) - A fighting game that consumed my friends and mine lives when it came out. We all pretty much mastered everything in this game.

honorable mention:
Where's Waldo (NES) - hardest fucking game ever, you try to find Waldo across twelve maps in under 5 minutes in 8 bit graphics (this is the hardest setting you lose a minute everytime you click wrong).

Fist of the eskimo
Canadian Ambassador

Postby Fist of the eskimo » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:51 pm

I suppose I'll rate them on which I enjoyed the most and have the fondest memories of, as opposed to rating a game as a comparison to like games or how I thought the dev team did this and that to improve it.

1. POKEMON RED (not blue) - I think I sank 2 years into playing this game on my game boy

2. Final Fantasy X - It was my goal at the time to beat the entire game without a strategy guide. I think I sank a total of 1100 hours into this game when all was said and done

3. Super smash bros. (N64) - I think I sank another 2 years into playing this game too

4. Goldeneye (N64) - At the time, one of the best multiplayer games of my youth, I think I played pokemon, then this, then SSB.

5. DOD:S - The only reason it's number 5 is because I played 25 hours of this in one day, I gamed over the day when you set your clocks back.

6. nothing
7. nothing
8. nothing
9. nothing
10. nothing

I have no other games to put in for the last 5

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:56 pm

Single Player:
HL - everything in series but Blue Shift
Deus Ex 1
Max Payne 1/2
Jedi Knight II
Portal
Unreal 1
Fallout 3
Call of Juarez
Prey
Return to Castle Wolfenstein

top 5 listed are very close, bottom 5 were good but i know there's better games that i forgot to list.

MP:
CS 1, pre 1.6 (favorite overall)
Day of Defeat beta through 1.x
TF2
WoW
CS:Source
Day of Defeat: Source
Unreal Tournament 99
Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory

CS in a league of it's own

Return to “General Discussion”