rush limbaugh

Comments and discussion on any and all topics.
dun dun dun... chips
Papes

Postby dun dun dun... chips » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:42 pm

and yet, in a state where capitalism has failed as drastically as it has in michigan, policies like this are the only thing keeping roofs over peoples heads, food on the table.

Postulio
Is Kind Of A Big Deal

Postby Postulio » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:52 pm

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:12 pm

dun dun dun... chips
Papes

Postby dun dun dun... chips » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:47 pm

wow jif, thats so far out there im not even quite sure where to start.
its true, capitalism is responsible for all those nice things, freedoms and such. but its also responsible for the absolutely reprehensible status of our countries technologies. yeah, its great when it comes to mass scale production, and making sure the rich stay rich, but look at our cell phones: controlled by the capitalistic market with no government restrictions or funding, and of all of the so-called "developed" nations our cell networks are the worst. yeah, we have a big country, but that is no excuse. even highly populated places like new york city and chicago get outclassed by the rural areas in england. ive been there. i know. both japan and china easily outclass our cell networks, hell they can stream live tv to their cell phones. new zealand pays for things at vending machines with their cells.
and what about power? another thing controlled by the market. we dont have buried powerlines, and our nation is disfigured by cables running all over the country. an earthquake? no power for you. tornado? no power for you. hell, even an icestorm? no power for you. england? they are all buried. tornado? fuck 'em. high winds? fuck 'em. earthquake? meh. didnt do anything. fuck 'em.
capitalism is great when it comes to giving freedom, but it also comes with the biggest consequence: you have to have responsible people in power, the same as government. our major corporations dont give a damn about anything but lining their own pockets with money.
you wouldnt trust the government to run anything? neither would i. but thats just the status of our government being horrible, nobody of any integrity being in charge. the president is a start, but we all know how much power he has. you look at overseas, places where the government controls everything, and they have some of the best quality of living in the world. yeah, we make fucktons of money, but we get outclassed in general quality of living by even singapore? you have to go 28 cities deep into the list of the best cities in the world before you get to honolulu hawaii and san fran, california. what does that say about where the money goes? 'to the people who earn it, of course!" yeah all the fat cats up top. trickle down effect my ass. biggest bullshit monetary theory in the history of anything.
as for all the stuff that the government has tried to control with the "new deal" and such: maybe they werent good ideas, some of them were great imo, others werent. but they were all trying to fix the worst idea that capitalism has ever come up with: credit. the ability to buy things without having the money to buy it. also relying on peoples honesty and integrity and intelligence, and obviously that worked well, as credit was, for the most part, solely responsible for the first depression. the mortgage thing was more of this, just government controlled, and i cant say i agree with that either, but it all stems from the initial problem.

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:13 pm

This is why we can't have nice things. :lol:

No, but seriously...this is why we don't discuss politics. Shit goes nowhere.
Gaming:

Workstation:

dun dun dun... chips
Papes

Postby dun dun dun... chips » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:14 pm

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:18 pm

im going to stop now because i could spend pages on each line of your response.

you've obviously been perverted by the liberal public school system brainwashing kids against capitalism. the same people who's union dues go to 80% democratic campaigns. of course they're biased in everything they teach. you cant even take a math class these days without the teacher talking about climate change and bush's war spending

TexRob
Got Allfum

Postby TexRob » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:00 am

Rush has been around a long time. He used to be much more level headed, and not at all insane. He was more middle of the road. At some point a tie-rod broke and that road is long gone. He's just plain crazy now. He is the Howard Stern of the political media.

Harness
Da Bumble

Postby Harness » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:07 pm

I type a bunch of shit then people go fuk themselves

MaC
Got Fofum

Postby MaC » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:26 am

I have spent about 15 seconds scimming the post, so I don't know what's been said.

Rush LOVES it when democrats point out something and then relate it to the GOP. His ratings soar from the publicity. One thing I hate is when someone calls him the leader of the GOP... I mean come on, I wouldn't say Michael Moore is the leader of the DNC or something. Funny thing about Rush is that my Dad voted for Clinton in his first election, but he listened to Rush on the radio and actually became a republican. So thru his influence that's why I am a republican today, although I am more of a moderate.

Return to “General Discussion”