Photoshop...

Comments and discussion on any and all topics.
Falon
Got Bofum
Photoshop...

Postby Falon » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:27 am

Sonic and Mai, where did you learn to use photoshop? I'm learning through a bunch of tutorials on the web. But that kind of makes me feel like its not my own work...

Sonic
Site Admin

Postby Sonic » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:07 pm

Tutorials are ftl, the teach one thing not creativity. Just play around, and surf sites like http://www.deviantart.com if you need inspiration. And Mai is in college for graphic design.

Falon
Got Bofum

Postby Falon » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:58 pm

I know Mai is in college for graphic design. It would be so cool to learn from you or her. I see you two's images that you make and I'm just blown away. I don't really know how to use photoshops tools very well :? I see videos of people making these amazing images in like 5-10 minutes, and it makes me sad when my avi took me an hour. lol but at least the avi is all me. the signature is half tut and half me just playing around.

Swift
Is Gettin' Pwned

Postby Swift » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:14 am

I really disagree. Yes, you copying someones work doing the tutorial but that is what it is designed to do. I am a Computer Science & Digital Art major and have done many tutorials to prepare me for my classes and my job. Do the tutorial it will show some features you never knew were there and how to use them. I have completed every tutorial in the PhotoShop Top Secret DVDs and it has really given me a solid foundation in how to use the program well and efficiently. So my advice to you is to use the tutorials as a solid stepping stone to launch you in to your own projects.

Return to “General Discussion”