Fantasy Football 2015

Comments and discussion on any and all topics.
Sonic
Site Admin
Re: Fantasy Football 2015

Postby Sonic » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:49 pm

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:52 pm

Gaming:

Workstation:

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:42 pm

i prefer "Sunday - Tuesday means all unowned players will be placed on waivers at 10:00am PT each Sunday with the claim period ending at 11:59pm PT on Tuesday." BUT would consider Game Time IF, and ONLY IF, FAs under this waiver system all come off waivers a tthe same time regardless of when their game started (Tues afternoon). The quote from Justin doesnt mention when FAs in the Game Time system come off waivers.

This puts all FAs on waivers but still allows you to drop/add normally during/after thursday and the super-early sunday morning london games. I strongly believe all unclaimed free agents should be available at exactly the same time: Tuesday afternoon.

Note that this system does not remove dropped players' waiver period or automatically make them available at the same time as unclaimed free agents. they would still have the typical dropped player waiver period or 3 days or whatever we have it set to.

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:01 pm

I sent out a poll for everyone to fill out. I think it's a great way to gauge opinions since we're a few weeks into the season already.

I used the Yahoo league email blast thing, but if you didn't get it for some reason, here is the poll:
http://thestoleneye.com/tools/survey/in ... sid=463423
Gaming:

Workstation:

Fist of the eskimo
Canadian Ambassador

Postby Fist of the eskimo » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:22 pm

I voiced my opinion during the poll but I'll post here as well as I'm not sure everyone sees the poll.

I do not think that we should implement the waiver wire system Sun-Tues, as it isn't fair to people that are putting in the work during the games on the weekend. If I'm sitting at home watching games on Sunday and on my phone, or laptop at the same time watching highlights or checking stats on players during other games am I not a good manager; this compared to someone who sets their roster on Sunday, watches highlights Monday night and maybe reads a rotoworld or yahoo article and then they're able to pick up a player that I'm not able to because everyone gets an equal opportunity?

This seems like it's penalizing me as a manager for paying attention to my team, watching for injuries and being proactive about the next week when the other guy isn't wanting to manage his team as much as I do. I have put more work into these last 5 weeks of fantasy football than I have I have in the past 3 years only because of the fact that it's a PAY league. If someone was to come along and snag Karlos Williams from me when I knew DeSean was injured 2 days after the fact just because he happened to come across it on an article or watched highlights then I'd be pissed because I would feel robbed.

The purpose of a Waiver to me was that if you wanted someone badly that another team dropped then you should have to be placed on waivers for him. If I was away from my phone for a few hours and noticed that someone was dropped and then immediately picked up by another team then I would feel robbed as well as I didn't have a chance to pick him up. This is different from my above arguement in that the player in question was previously on another team and hence valued by another team at some point. The pickups on Sunday-Tuesday are for players that were already Free Agents and not of enough value for someone to pick them up for a game.

Fist of the eskimo
Canadian Ambassador

Postby Fist of the eskimo » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:40 pm

What's peoples thoughts on increasing bench size next season?

Bacon
People Know Me

Postby Bacon » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:17 am

maybe by just one spot . though since we only have 10 people it will lead to people hoarding a little more and there will be even less options on the waiver wire. but oh man would it be nice to have an extra slot right now. maybe we can add a IR slot?

Sonic
Site Admin

Postby Sonic » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:37 pm

IR Slot, yes. General purpose slot, no.

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:48 pm

Harness
Da Bumble

Postby Harness » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:21 pm

I type a bunch of shit then people go fuk themselves

Jif
Jimmy Jams

Postby Jif » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:53 pm

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:58 am

Good discussion so far, fellas. I'm also back from my 3 week absence. Rejoice!

We only had 6 total responses on the poll (counting myself). Was hoping to get closer to 100%, but the responses I did get were somewhat useful.

I checked on the Injured Reserve (IR) slot, and Yahoo does have that feature. I'm all for adding 1 IR slot, since there are very few players on IR any given season that would even be worth stashing (maybe 4-5 players, tops). I'll add the poll option for this feature request on the "end of the season" poll.
Gaming:

Workstation:

Sonic
Site Admin

Postby Sonic » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:50 am

I don't remember what I said in the poll, but I do think players should be locked at the start of their game. Sunday is gsd day, can't watch football all day.

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:35 am

Gaming:

Workstation:

Darkfoxx
Site Admin

Postby Darkfoxx » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:35 pm

Important:

I want everyone to review our current scoring system and settings and post any changes you'd like to vote on at the end of the season. I've already compiled a few in the 1st post of this thread (please check before posting).

The deadline for any suggested changes is December 28th, 2015.

Also to note: Any responses as "don't care" or "doesn't matter" or similar on the exit poll will default to agreeing with the current settings as opposed to wanting a change. If you really do care, please pick an appropriate option.

For example, in the waiver system change results on the midseason poll...out of 6 poll responses, only 2 were actually interested in changing the current system. To initiate a change in settings, we need over 51% agreement.
Gaming:

Workstation:

Return to “General Discussion”